"They're just ROCKS!!!" (long)

Baroli

Interesting, I used to think they are just rocks, very pretty and lovely. Then I started using a pendulum. I have two, a rose quartz, which always tells me the truth. My amethyst however, not so much, amethyst is a trickster. When I use my pendulums and ask questions (the one time yes/no questions will work), they respond in mid swing with the answer. I also keep a lot of rose quartz around as it promotes well being and balance for me. Something that I am in need of right now.

No, to me, my "rocks" are alive, do they breathe? I don't know, but I do know they are alive. I think we would be foolish to assume that our human definition of what is "alive" is the end all be all. I think the Universe has given life to everything animate and inanimate, it is up to us to be aware.

Red Emma

Just Rocks?

A friend combines crystal therapy and Reiki with amazing results. Sometimes when I'm overloaded with work, stress, regret and other unmentionables, one of her sessions puts everything to rights. Within a few hours the stress, etc is gone and I'm energized again.

Further, a local new age shop has classes in psychic development, tarot, and other such. At one class the instructor had a lot of crystals on a table, asked us to pick any one which seemed to "call," then place it on our bodies wherever it wanted to go.

My choice was a garnet and it said, "take me to your chest." I have an on-going problem with various forms of depression. For a couple of days it had been going on and on. The garnet stopped it cold. Of course the moment I took the crystal off, the depression was right back. I now have two or three garnet necklaces which I frequently wear. Especially when depression decides to stop by.

From my own reading and information from my talented Reiki-crystal friend, I gather that their effectiveness has to do with vibrations. But whatever the cause, I do thank the Goddess, or whomever created us, for those beautiful little rocks.

Sinduction

That bit about the garnet is what I meant by belief.

As Red Emma knows/believes that the stone works for her depression. While someone else that doesn't have that belief may just think they happen to choose that stone when they are depressed. The end result is the same, the depression lifts. Someone without the belief may think the depression lifted on its own.

That's all I meant. :D

tigerlily

Actually, Red Emma didn't know what the garnet would do (or if it would do anything at all) to her, when she took it. It was after she realized how its presence and absence influenced her depression that she chose to use it again to help her with depression. To me, this has nothing to do with belief; she conducted an experiment and based her conclusion on the results.

On a similar note, my mother once gave me a turqoise as a gift when I was depressed and homesick. After a while I couldn't bear to wear it around my neck - I got heart palpitations just like Nevada. Its color had become very intense and I had the impression that it had somehow soaked up all my excessive unhealthy feelings. I buried it in the Earth for a long time, hoping to ground the energy, and after two years, I dared to wear it again.

Not long afterwards, it just fell from my neck; of course the stone broke when it hit the tiles. The amazing thing was that neither the chain nor the ring through the stone was broken! There was no physical way the pieces could have separated. I showed this to everyone I knew, nobody could explain it...

HighPriestess, I can understand your sister - if I hadn't had that personal unexplainable experience with that stone, they'd still be "just rocks" to me. They don't move, don't communicate, don't live. It's easy to see them as things, not beings.

HearthCricket

Sinduction said:
That bit about the garnet is what I meant by belief.

As Red Emma knows/believes that the stone works for her depression. While someone else that doesn't have that belief may just think they happen to choose that stone when they are depressed. The end result is the same, the depression lifts. Someone without the belief may think the depression lifted on its own.

That's all I meant. :D

I used to feel this way, too. You can twist anything to work for you if it helps you in any way. Buy a puffy heart and put it by you and you feel loved, etc., especially if it is rose quartz because the colour may remind you of a valentine.

But my experience was weird. 1 1/2 years ago there was an Anniversary celebration at the local Metaphysical store. I knew nothing about crystals back then. I just liked them. They were pretty. A man was under a tent, with smudge burning (I didn't know what that was, either!) and had all these stones spread out on a table. I thought they were for sale. So I started picking various ones up and looking them over, putting them down, picking up others, holding one specifically to my heart. When I asked how much it was the man (A Shaman) explained to me that they were not for sale, but these were his tools. I felt so bad and quickly put it down and said I was sorry! He just laughed and said he was having fun watching what I picked up. So he held up the stone I kept holding on to, place it in my hand, held it to my heart and gave me a heart healing for free. Every stone I had picked up was green, and he knew that was what I needed. Jade, Aventurine, you name it. Why I picked those stones, I have no idea. There were far prettier ones out on the table, but these attracted me. And that was when I started learning about it.

Now I find myself attracted to a certain stone or crystal and have no idea why, but after looking it up or waiting a bit, the stone is exactly what I needed. Be it for grounding or cramps or intuitive reasons, this is why I keep growing my collection! I want them accessible for when I need them!

HighPriestesss

tigerlily said:
HighPriestess, I can understand your sister - if I hadn't had that personal unexplainable experience with that stone, they'd still be "just rocks" to me. They don't move, don't communicate, don't live. It's easy to see them as things, not beings.

Wow! It just fell off, huh? You weren't meant to wear it, that's for sure!

Maybe something unexplainable like that will happen with my sister, and she'll change her tune......

franniee

Sinduction said:
Personally, I think everything in the world has some power. God made those "rocks" too!

I agree. :heart:

HP you just can't talk to some people.

Hugs to you and congrats on that beautiful piece.

HighPriestesss

franniee said:
I agree. :heart:

HP you just can't talk to some people.

Hugs to you and congrats on that beautiful piece.

Thank you!

Red Emma

Rocks!

Sinduction,
tigerlily's right. I hadn't a clue that garnets had any special message for me. In fact the garnets on the table looked like none I'd ever seen before. Oddly shaped, black in color.

More odd information, I've always liked garnets although all I'd seen before were a winey color. Poor little dears had tried for years to give me a clue. I suspect they've always helped with my depression but I'd never connected them with its cessation before.

Blessings

Emma

Sinduction

Yeah, that's what I meant. :D