The High Priestess and Ten of Cups as opinions of someone

obeygravity

Did a reading this evening and pulled a pair that I don't think I've ever really seen before and do not actually know what to make of it. In the position for someone's opinion of another, I got The High Priestess and Ten of Cups. By nature these are two cards that I've just realized feel like polar opposites. The high priestess exists in isolation (typically) and the ten of cups is a card of celebration, often done with the people around you and closest to you. I'm trying to see how these two cards would mesh. The first thing is "Happy to be alone" or "Working to craft and understand their own sense of happiness" but something doesn't quite seem to be clicking. Anyone come across this kind of pairing before or have any further insight?

decan

The combo can show a "rich inner world"; it could depict a "sense of completion". A "happy isolationism" would be a curious interpretation I think, because a human being needs always something else outside.
Well, more likely I would say that he/she could be happy with what he/she has in his life currently, not looking for something or someone else.

ETA: living in a happy bubble? And so, "in the position for someone's opinion of another"... difficult to say!
A possibility could be that this person is mainly interested in him/herself, and has no particular opinion with regard to someone else. In this case this combo could show a kind of selfishness?
But it's curious there, everything looks too perfect, maybe there is something hidden difficult to guess.

BrownBear

I'd read these cards as a person who receives spiritual contentment from family and home. Perhaps that's how person 1 sees person 2 - - as a homebody who is, in the best sense, a domestic goddess.

IndigoWaves

Ruled by the Moon, the High Priestess is very much about emotion, meeting up with the 10C in that respect... So there may be a sense that this person's carefully displayed calm self-containment belies Big-Time Emotionality and powerful urges to connect on a feeling level... Potentially overwhelming seas that may crash through her placid veil at any moment.

obeygravity

Oh I'm really loving all these!

@decan: hm that's a lot of what I thought before but I feel like selfishness isn't jiving here. If it were HP and an earth card or even a fire card I could see that but here it's positively dignified so selfishness doesn't seem to mesh with this at all. I did, however, think of the possibility that this could be someone who seeks to craft their own joy? Trying to find the power in the idea of happiness and use it as fuel? But even that seems a little off, hm.

@BrownBear: I never thought about domestic goddess for this combo! I feel like that's something I'd see more with The Empress and Ten of Cups, though maybe the HP adds more of a witchy vibe to things?

@IndigoWaves: Ohhhhhhh I can definitely see that! The HP is definitely a card of someone who tries to remain stoic. But she is often times associated with great emotional depth and intuitive power. Perhaps it's saying that the person is able to see through the veil and recognize the emotional prowess that exists despite the other individual trying to hide it or control it?

IndigoWaves

Perhaps it's saying that the person is able to see through the veil and recognize the emotional prowess that exists despite the other individual trying to hide it or control it?
I wasn't thinking of "prowess" but along the lines of a potentially dramatic overload (10) of Cups: Gushing sentimentality/clingy emotional scenes, overblown crying jags, indelibly rose-coloured glasses/irrationality, etc.. This person may suspect that such things lurk behind the dignified H.P. exterior... And depending on how he/she feels about emotionality, getting closer may even be avoided as a result.

obeygravity

I wasn't thinking of "prowess" but more along the lines of a potentially dramatic overload (10) of Cups: gushing sentimentality, overblown crying jags/clingy emotional scenes, indelibly rose-coloured glasses/irrationality, etc.. This person may suspect that such things lurk behind the dignified H.P. exterior... And depending on how he/she feels about emotionality, getting closer may even be avoided as a result.

Hm, I feel like I could see this if there were a fire card with the HP because of it making the card be ill-dignified but something about this seems slightly off. I used the linestrider deck which usually reads very clearly to me (basically everything else in the draw read without issue) but this seems a bit like a hiccup. A look at The High Priestess and Ten of Cups.

Though taking a look at these again, the idea of Wanting to be in the celebration just came to mind. The HP is a very isolated card, even if at peace with it.

MysticMoonlight

The High Priestess can mean secretive and quiet...someone with a calm, reserved nature about them. Someone that thrives being in control of things...someone that is a master at having their sh*t together. They are respected, admired, seen as attractive and alluring with a deep mystery about them.

The Ten of Cups may signify someone that seems to be the total package. Maybe even having it all. Achieving many accomplishments, being very successful or someone that is living life to the fullest. Someone that is truly happy, inside and out.

Overall, pretty great opinions to have of someone, I would say :)

Stuti

To me this appears to be a feeling that this person has of the other person's life as perfect. The High Priestess operates in mysterious and secretive ways. She observes and definitely has as opinion which she does not voice out but keeps to herself for reasons best known to her. The Ten of Cups is the image of idealised perfection..which, as we all know is elusive and fleeting just like the rainbow depicted in the RWS version. This is not an image that is true or permanent. This person feels that the other person's life is perfect. Maybe she secretly envies him/her for it or compares her own life to his/hers.

Gwynydd

To me, it feels like, 'she's got such a perfect life, I don't know how she does it'