Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Archeon - 7 of Swords

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Archeon Tarot

Citizen

Emeraldgirl 
Citizen

Archeon - 7 of Swords

This card shows a raven infront of a full moon holding a bright round object by a chain in it's mouth. The moon has four swords stuck in it or behind it and there are three in the ground. Magpies and ravens cannot resist bright things and this one is no exception. The item appears to be a gold pocket watch it is gleming brightly against the blues shades of the rest of this card. Stealing a watch can have the deeper symbolism of stealing time off someone. Wasting it on silly things. Time is precious as it can never be replaced so it goes with the other intangibles of precious things in life like love and true friendship. This card reminds me of the crow in the movie The Crow it was smart and it was also the source of power yet the power was still stolen from it in the end.
Top   #1
An strange animal

annik 
An strange animal

I didn't thought of a watch on a chain. I thought it was the sun on a chain!
Top   #2
Resident

archeon 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by annik
I didn't thought of a watch on a chain. I thought it was the sun on a chain!
It is indeed the sun... there's a native american myth about Raven stealing the sun and the moon, which was my inspiration for this card
Top   #3
Citizen

Location: Wishing it was Middle-Earth...but it's just Colorado, USA
FaerieStorm 
Citizen

The swords look as though they are piercing the moon; this suggests the need for vigilance and a wary mind. And because the moon represents illusions and that which is unknown, the idea of piercing through that which is unknown or shadowed is necessary for safety.

Furthermore, Crows or Ravens many times represent bad tidings, which the seven of swords has a tendancy to represent.

Go Lantz!

-FS
Top   #4
Citizen

Sanctum_Priest 
Citizen

We mustn't forget that this card often has the meaning of the use of cunning, which a bird having stolen a watch must have in no small measure.
Top   #5

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.