Triple Virgo

Professor X

Kibeth said:
Amateur here too. Unfortunately, I've missed seeing the natal details and all I've got are Minderwiz's/ncefan's descriptions. Hard ter visualize.

Like Professor X, I also have my Mars squaring Moon(and Saturn for that matter), mine own T-square makes me cry. It can't be easy holding that natural temper in check, I understand. So, you don't see me railing at this guy as people here have done. Won't post my chart though as this is about him. =)

If your interested in my natal details I can give them to you.

Professor X

Minderwiz I would like to give you a big thanks.

I really appreciate what you have done. I like your approach to how you approached it all. Very very scientific,well done. You didnt try to make any judgements towards me you simply gave your obvservations on what you saw in my chart.

I will say this you are pretty much dead on correct. It is only one or two remarks you made that I would call wrong. But that is to be expected since no interpretation will be 100% correct.

YOU CERTAINLY GOT MY TEMPERAMENT CORRECT.
Many many times on jobs I have had to tell people off and leave the job because of shit they have said to me that made me angry. I do NOT tolerate others leaning on me very well in situations like that. I will do what I am told at a job but people had better not try to lean on me about anything.

From what you have said I see that Mars is real ruler of my chart. Since I am a Triple Virgo Mercury will always have a influence on me but it is not even close to being my ruler. Then the fact that Mars is square to the Moon and the Sun would account for how harshly I see things around me. Like I was telling some of the other people earlier in the thread I AM JUST BEING MYSELF.

The thing that balances myself out is that I am a Triple Virgo thus I tend to be very very introverted. So the Mars aspects of my chart tend to stay in control and do not run rampant. But when Mars gets let loose then thats when things can happen. Plus even if my Mars is not physically let loose it is always there on the mental side of things and Im always thinking things.
I also have great physical energy to do things as well.

Because Mars is in the mental sign Gemini I can have personality shifts that can come out of nowhere. However I have learned to deal with this aspect of myself. I keep my outward behaivor very consistent despite the effects of Gemini.

When I do get angry it tends to come out in a big rush of energy at the other person. I can certainly hold my own when I get into a arguement or a fight against someone when it happens.

214red

perhaps now professor X you can use the knowledge from Minderwiz to look at the aspects in your chart that perhaps you can modify and work on, especially you anger that might hinder you in certain aspects of your lifeyou might be able to learn to be more tolarent to what you see as others faults, and the leaning on you...managing your personality in the workplace is something i found hard, but to gain promotion i had to become a bit calmer at work.

one of the joys of astrology is being able to see why you do things, and see yourself from a different point of view.

Minderwiz

Thanks Professor X. Please remember that what you have there is a thumbnail approach, even from a traditional standpoint. So clearly there are areas that could be refined or modified, I've only done rough and ready statements in some places, what I wanted to do is to give you a flavour of what Astrology can offer,

If you had consulted a traditional Astrologer he/she would have gone on to give you information about your assets over your life time (second house) your family (third and fourth houses) your children, either present or future (fifth house), your health (first and sixth houses), your marriage prospects, including the number of wives (seventh house), your likely success in public life (tenth), your education and travel prospects (third and ninth) but perhaps more important, some idea of timing of changes and events, using primary directions, solar returns and transits.

A modern Astrologer might well take a different approach but is still really concerned with most if not all the above issues.

I'd like to thank you for posting your details and allowing people to follow the thread. For them I'd point out that I've not really referred to aspects much (accept for the Sun/Moon conjunction and the squares from Mars) - aspects contribute but they are modifiers, rather than introducing new information. For the same reason I've not really referred to aspect patterns. I know a lot of Astrologers make a lot out of them. I don't really make a lot of use of such patterns, as opposed to the planets which comprise them. The modern view looks at the signs involved in, say, a T Square - I look at the planets involved and only consider the signs as far as they modify the planets.

If anyone wishes to add comments, please do because my approach is definitely non-standard at the present time. Different approaches can add insights and information which may well amplify or even challenge some of my points.

le.jour.obscurcit

Professor X said:
Like I was telling some of the other people earlier in the thread I AM JUST BEING MYSELF.

If you have something to say, say it rather than inserting a snide and indirect comment in your post.

As I already said,

le.jour.obscurcit said:
I understand that you are just explaining how you function, however I don't believe there is any need for you to regard people who think and act differently to what you do as "stupid" or "foolish".

Professor X

214red said:
perhaps now professor X you can use the knowledge from Minderwiz to look at the aspects in your chart that perhaps you can modify and work on, especially you anger that might hinder you in certain aspects of your lifeyou might be able to learn to be more tolarent to what you see as others faults, and the leaning on you...managing your personality in the workplace is something i found hard, but to gain promotion i had to become a bit calmer at work.

one of the joys of astrology is being able to see why you do things, and see yourself from a different point of view.

Yes I am trying to be able to control the energy of Mars. Sometimes It can really really run rampant in my life. I am getting better and better with it as I get older older. I think Mars is so powerful because the other planets are in weaker placements like Minderwiz mentioned to me.

As I mature and get older I gain insight on how I function and take steps to make my aspects work FOR me rather than against me.

I finally see that rather than being a Mercurial Virgo I am a Martian Virgo.

Professor X

Minderwiz said:
I'd like to thank you for posting your details and allowing people to follow the thread. For them I'd point out that I've not really referred to aspects much (accept for the Sun/Moon conjunction and the squares from Mars) - aspects contribute but they are modifiers, rather than introducing new information. For the same reason I've not really referred to aspect patterns. I know a lot of Astrologers make a lot out of them. I don't really make a lot of use of such patterns, as opposed to the planets which comprise them. The modern view looks at the signs involved in, say, a T Square - I look at the planets involved and only consider the signs as far as they modify the planets.

If anyone wishes to add comments, please do because my approach is definitely non-standard at the present time. Different approaches can add insights and information which may well amplify or even challenge some of my points.

Your are very much welcome.

I tend to look at both the planets and signs. But I my instance it is the planets that appear to be the most important. I suppose that each horoscope is different on how it all interacts.

Minderwiz

My point is that for EVERYONE it is PLANETS that matter, signs are very much secondary (in that they modify planetary energies).

The modern focus on signs is the product of Alan Leo, who wrote the sign definitions from the Planets. Up till that point at the end of the nineteenth century/beginning of the twentieth NO Astrologer would have said (or thought) 'Oh your a triple Virgo'. It was an alien or better still meaningless concept in Astrology. An Astrologer would look at the overall strength of the planets, by essential and accidental dignity and work from them.

Now I don't want to knock Leo (too much) because without him Astrology might not have survived and even if it did, it would never have become as popular. But in saving Astrology, he came perilously close to throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Forget the signs concentrate on the planets. In terms of temperament, you are melancholic/choleric and that is how you would have been described before 1900.

Professor X

Minderwiz said:
My point is that for EVERYONE it is PLANETS that matter, signs are very much secondary (in that they modify planetary energies).

The modern focus on signs is the product of Alan Leo, who wrote the sign definitions from the Planets. Up till that point at the end of the nineteenth century/beginning of the twentieth NO Astrologer would have said (or thought) 'Oh your a triple Virgo'. It was an alien or better still meaningless concept in Astrology. An Astrologer would look at the overall strength of the planets, by essential and accidental dignity and work from them.

Now I don't want to knock Leo (too much) because without him Astrology might not have survived and even if it did, it would never have become as popular. But in saving Astrology, he came perilously close to throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Forget the signs concentrate on the planets. In terms of temperament, you are melancholic/choleric and that is how you would have been described before 1900.

Okay I see what you are saying. What you are saying is counter to everything I have ever read about Astrology. I like it. I learned Astrology from
books and information from the 1920's-1930's. I thought I had gone back far enough because I dont read any of the modern books on Astrology. I only use the modern books for filler material and extra stuff.

I do indeed tend to focus too much on the sun sign and not enough on the planets. That is a lesson that I can take forth me with as I study and learn more about Astrology. I have plans on becoming a professional astrologer so I am trying to learn as much as I can about it all.

dadsnook2000

Signs, and more signs

After Alan Leo, popular astrologers such as Evangeline Adams, Lewellyn, Omar, Mayo and Hone, Tyl (the astrologers from early in the 1900's up until recent decades) all promulgated the three basics of the astrological formula; Planets, Signs and Houses as an interpretive model.

By the mid-1900's alternative approaches were being developed by the Hamburg School with Witte and Ebertin promoting the midpoint system, then the Uranian system with hypothetical points in addition to the regular planets, then the Sidereal system with Cyril Fagan, then Astrocartography, the big push into psychological astrology, the new focus on the very old through Project Hindsight, and the introduction of Joytish practices. It has all become very specialized and very encompassing. It seems to me, having grown with all of this stuff, to be quite interesting but I sense that it could be overwhelming to those just approaching astrology.

When you look at the whole picture, "signs" just don't seem very important. Dave