The Stockholm Octavo

Inconnu

Just read this thread and am intrigued. I don't read much fiction but once in a while. The description reminds me of Katherine Neville's The Eight.

I'll be checking this out.

Zelmira

I got my book yesterday in Kindle, because Amazon had it in Spanish. I started reading the novel and I love it, but I am a freak of historical novels, so my opinion may be bias. I ordered the cards and the Octavo Handbook. I can't wait to do an Octavo for myself, even though I have not had any visions "a la Sparrow".
Zelmira

JylliM

I just read this book. Loved it, tracked down the cards and ordered them, then discovered the Octavo Handbook, so that's on order also! I love the look of the cards, and I too am looking forward to doing my own Octavo, sans the vision.

Gulliver

Could anyone who owns the deck of cards tell about the quality? The look via internet is great. How do you feel about the cardstock? And the printing/colour quality?

gregory

Fine on all counts. I love them :)

Gulliver

Many thanks! I think I'll order them. :)

JylliM

Many thanks! I think I'll order them. :)

How exciting! There's something very appealing about these cards. The pictures portray such personalities! I'm very much looking forward to having a go at reading with them.

Gulliver

How exciting! The cards are cheap but shipping costs... I could buy them here (same deck/s are offered) but for more than the double of the price. Thinking...
Please tell how they read, if you like it, JylliM. I love old cards from the middle ages, authentic ones with square corners, mysteriously. And if they are cheap, you can handle them "normal", so that they will completely yours. A dream.

JylliM

I'll let you know how I go, Gulliver.