Any good fiction or non-fiction books about psychics to recommend?

Smiling

A Mind for Murder: The Real-Life Files of a Psychic Investigator by Noreen Renier

http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Murder-R...=1449440692&sr=8-2&keywords=a+mind+for+murder

I really enjoyed reading about her process. It's been a few years since I read it, but I liked it very much. A while after I read it, I saw her featured on one of those missing people detective shows.

Thanks! I always feel that this kind of work must be so tough, and hopefully satisfying for the psychic, too, when they're able to help solve crimes.

Smiling

@ Disa

I picked up the "A Mind for Murder" kindle book, and found it an interesting, although creepy, read! Agree that it was interesting to read about her process, and I thought her footnotes showing the documentation of her cases really helped to establish the authenticity of her work. Incredible that she even did some work on the Scott Peterson case-ugh!
Thanks again for the heads up. :thumbsup:

VGimlet

Rose and Thunder by Lilith Saintcrow. Female MC is a tarot reader who goes where the wind takes her (literally) and it takes her to a strange town where nothing is what it seems...

Retelling of the Beauty and the Beast which I always enjoy.

Disa

I picked up the "A Mind for Murder" kindle book, and found it an interesting, although creepy, read! Agree that it was interesting to read about her process, and I thought her footnotes showing the documentation of her cases really helped to establish the authenticity of her work. Incredible that she even did some work on the Scott Peterson case-ugh!
Thanks again for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Glad you found it interesting...Funny, I don't remember it being creepy at all...hmm I'll have to re-read one day.

Smiling

Rose and Thunder by Lilith Saintcrow. Female MC is a tarot reader who goes where the wind takes her (literally) and it takes her to a strange town where nothing is what it seems...

Retelling of the Beauty and the Beast which I always enjoy.

i started reading the book sample on Amazon. It looks like fun, thanks! :)

Smiling

Glad you found it interesting...Funny, I don't remember it being creepy at all...hmm I'll have to re-read one day.

Well, the author Noreen seemed decent, and I appreciated her efforts to so thoroughly validate her work. I found some of the stories to be creepy, at the same time that they were fascinating. But yes, creepy sometimes because some of the details were so gruesome, and then they're true stories, not fiction...I always feel that this must be one of the toughest aspects of being a psychic, when you are having to battle against evil energies.

Disa

Well, the author Noreen seemed decent, and I appreciated her efforts to so thoroughly validate her work. I found some of the stories to be creepy, at the same time that they were fascinating. But yes, creepy sometimes because some of the details were so gruesome, and then they're true stories, not fiction...I always feel that this must be one of the toughest aspects of being a psychic, when you are having to battle against evil energies.

Yep, I get what you mean.

Smiling

I just finished and enjoyed "The Firebird" by Susanna Kearsley.

It's about two friends who are psychic and communicate telepathically, and work together to solve a mystery surrounding a 1700's Russian artifact.

Has anyone read this yet? :)