Emily Dickinson tarot

Maan

I wish .. have spotted this deck months ago but they dont ship to europe. Do for now i admire from the screne. Its such an weird little deck.

gregory

It says it's out of stock at the publisher. But I'm fairly sure when I got it from the APA, they shipped it to the UK.... and the site offers that.

However that site seems to be out of stock now, too. You could email and ask. I did, in the first instance.

Michellehihi

Wow, how did you find this?

Someone here on the forum was selling it, I sent him a PM and he never responded, so I made my own research and bought it directly from the publisher.

Michellehihi

It says it's out of stock at the publisher. But I'm fairly sure when I got it from the APA, they shipped it to the UK.... and the site offers that.

However that site seems to be out of stock now, too. You could email and ask. I did, in the first instance.

Oh my God! I was lucky then, I just bought it a few months ago!

FLizarraga

Tarot based on literary figures somehow do not work for me. Can't put my finger on the reason.

For instance, I bought the Blake Tarot of the Imagination with more than a little trepidation (it rhymes!), being a big Blake fan. (And it uses Blake's art to boot.) I have had it for a while now. And... nothing. You can hear a pin drop.

The only exception so far has been the Vampire Tarot, and that's a completely different case.

I can tell, at a glance, that the beautiful Emily Dickinson deck is so not for me.

Insect Reflection

I love the Emily Dickinson tarot, although it is definitely challenging. I find that it offers some really rich readings, especially if you search through her poems.

For instance, if you draw the fool, which in this deck is represented by the house fly, you can google "emily dickinson fly" and get to the poem "I heard a fly buzz". Another example is the six of pentacles, represented in the deck as ears of corn. Google "emily dickinson corn" and you'll get to the poem "there is a June when corn is cut". This can offer a really fascinating layer of potential meanings to each card. I don't think this works for every single card, but when it does, it's really interesting.

Michellehihi

I love the Emily Dickinson tarot, although it is definitely challenging. I find that it offers some really rich readings, especially if you search through her poems.

For instance, if you draw the fool, which in this deck is represented by the house fly, you can google "emily dickinson fly" and get to the poem "I heard a fly buzz". Another example is the six of pentacles, represented in the deck as ears of corn. Google "emily dickinson corn" and you'll get to the poem "there is a June when corn is cut". This can offer a really fascinating layer of potential meanings to each card. I don't think this works for every single card, but when it does, it's really interesting.

Really? Now that's something I didn't think of. Thank you so much for sharing! I will definitely go back to my little beloved deck and study it more!!!
Thank you! Really!

gregory

Now that you mention it, my "complete poems of...." has an index with everything that's mentioned (fly, corn, mouse, grave) so that you can track the poems that way... thanks for the idea !

Insect Reflection

Really? Now that's something I didn't think of. Thank you so much for sharing! I will definitely go back to my little beloved deck and study it more!!!
Thank you! Really!

Now that you mention it, my "complete poems of...." has an index with everything that's mentioned (fly, corn, mouse, grave) so that you can track the poems that way... thanks for the idea !

I'm so glad you like the idea! I'd LOVE to hear about any readings/interpretations you come up with using this method!

Michellehihi

Insect reflection (what an interesting name), this is great!
I drew the 2 of pentacles from this lovely deck. It is what appears to be an eye, with the pupil being a crescent moon.
Soooo, here is what I got:

The Moon, distant from the Sea
And yet, with Amber Hands
She leads Him - docile as a boy
Along appointed Sands

He never misses a Degree
Obedient to Her eye -
He comes just so far - towards the Town
Just so far -goes away

Oh, Signor, Thine, the Amber Hand
And mine - the Distant Sea
Obedient to the least command
Thine eye impose on me-

HA!
Now isn't that something?
Two of pentacles: the tide, the perpetual movement. The masculine obedient to the feminine.