Arcana playing card deck - Chris Ovdiyenko

Madrigal

Thanks, kalliope. I might have to add to my order not that I need more b&w decks ;)

kalliope

Have you guys noticed the 2-piece tarot box option? It's available in light or dark for $5, and would fit the entire tarot deck. Ugh, these additions are piling up!

Madrigal

I saw that and quickly averted my eyes lol.

Lee

The expansion pack contains both the light & dark versions of the remaining 18 majors and the 4 remaining court cards (Pages/Knaves). There's a little discussion about it in the comments of the Kickstarter campaign.

ETA: it's also in the FAQ, now that I look :)
Thanks kalliope for posting that. The description on the ordering site was a little vague.

I just ordered the dark and light decks, the expansion deck, and dark and light boxes. It came to $52, which to me seems pretty good for two complete self-published tarot decks. I've had an overworked and stressful week, so I rewarded myself. :)

I've been looking for years for a tarot deck with playing-card suits. There are a few out there -- I have one, the Grimpeur Tarot -- but none of them are very attractive, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Just an extra warning for anyone considering ordering this -- the playing card decks with 4 Majors are shipping soon, but the expansion deck and the boxes don't ship until the end of the year.

EDITED TO ADD: Also thanks to Rhinemaiden for posting the thread! :thumbsup:

kalliope

I saw that and quickly averted my eyes lol.

:laugh:

I just ordered the dark and light decks, the expansion deck, and dark and light boxes. It came to $52, which to me seems pretty good for two complete self-published tarot decks. I've had an overworked and stressful week, so I rewarded myself. :)

You're right, I guess that amount for two self-published tarot decks isn't bad! But it's still more than I really want to spend because there are other things I want to buy, too. Bah!

Does anyone primarily want the Dark version of the deck? I'm pretty sure I just want the Light, and am wondering if someone would like to split the Expansion Pack with me. I'd be willing to to order the Expansion set, and then send you your half after it arrives in December. (Unless you'd prefer to order the EP yourself and do the shipping honors.)

That way I could just order the Light deck and box, ($11+5) plus the Expansion Pack ($20) and shell out $36 total, and then someone would pay for half the EP ($10), bringing my price down to $26.

The other person could do the opposite: just order the Dark deck ($11, and box if they want for $5), and pay me for the Expansion Pack later.

Any takers? :D

Rhinemaiden

Exact description of the Arcana Expansion deck from the FAQ:

"The Arcana Expansion deck is now available as an add-on. It contains the remaining 18 major arcana tarot cards, 4 knave/page cards, 6 gaff cards for magicians, and has both light and dark versions in one deck. Please note that because of the time to design all those extra cards, the deck will not ship until Dec. 2015."

Madrigal

I wish we could see images for the remaining Tarot cards. I'm not keen on dark decks and I sense this could go in that direction.

Rhinemaiden

more Arcana playing card deck cards shown here:

https://www.facebook.com/deadonpaper

(PS today I received Chris Ovdiyenko's earlier playing card deck ORACLE. Cards are poker size, stock is Bicycle linen finish.)

blue_fusion

June 22, 2015 update on this deck with more cards shown:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1894542039/arcana-playing-cards/posts/1272278

I can't want to receive it, even tho it may take longer than originally anticipated. The newly revealed Hermit is inspired!

The style really is beautiful, and that hermit card fantastic.

The style reminds me of Brian Partridge's Rune Cards (you might want to look at that too, if you're into this sort of style ;) )

I also like the fact that the artist advertises another artist's kickstarter campaign in his updates. :)