"Just Tarot Things..."

HallowedNight

Well, the forum is moving pretty slowly today, so I decided to start this little thread!

If you're on the internet frequently, you've probably seen those "just girly things" posts, or something similar to them. ((If not, here's an example: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...d=0CCsQMygHMAdqFQoTCPWfgrqvzMcCFYVaPgodPtgMZQ )) Basically, they're just phrases and situations that are relatable to the subjects; with "just girly things," it's obviously girls and women, but with "just tarot things..." Well, it's obviously for us tarot people!

Basically, this thread is for sharing relatable experiences and discussing them! Some examples from my experience:

That moment when you're asking about something simple and fun, but the cards decide to ignore your question and start acting like a therapist...

and

When you're "just looking" at decks for fun but find one you just have to have...

Anyone else have some relatable moments to share? :^D I just thought it'd be fun~

INIVEA

When you're "just looking" at decks for fun but find one you just have to have...

Anyone else have some relatable moments to share? :^D I just thought it'd be fun~

Yes dang it, it happened to me yesterday, I went out just to a fun day window shopping, then guess what happened, bang. The "Witchy Tarot" wouldn't leave me alone (in my mind) for hours, so I went back to the shop where I had seen it, and the owner of the shop <laughed in a wonderful comical manner> " There was a lady here 5 min ago with that deck in her hands and couldn't decide whether she wanted it or another, chose the other, put the "Witchy deck" back. Then you came up to the cash register with it in your hands" so much for window shopping. lmbo

HallowedNight

Yes dang it, it happened to me yesterday, I went out just to a fun day window shopping, then guess what happened, bang. The "Witchy Tarot" wouldn't leave me alone (in my mind) for hours, so I went back to the shop where I had seen it, and the owner of the shop <laughed in a wonderful comical manner> " There was a lady here 5 min ago with that deck in her hands and couldn't decide whether she wanted it or another, chose the other, put the "Witchy deck" back. Then you came up to the cash register with it in your hands" so much for window shopping. lmbo

Wow! That's great that you got it! :^D

On that vein, another hopefully relatable feeling...that face when no stores around you sell tarot cards and you have to buy everything online! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Citrin

Watching a YouTube video about tarot, getting really inspired and not knowing whether to pause it and pick up your own deck, or keep watching and then afterwards go ahead... ;)

And:
The huge disappointment when seeing your brand new tarot deck hasn't arrived and it's Friday and the post office is closed until Monday...
...But then on Monday squealing with happiness because the deck has finally arrived and it was well worth the wait. ;)

And:
Re-arranging your tarot deck collection according to theme or publishing company or alphabetically or by how often you use them... Etc...

HallowedNight

The huge disappointment when seeing your brand new tarot deck hasn't arrived and it's Friday and the post office is closed until Monday...
...But then on Monday squealing with happiness because the deck has finally arrived and it was well worth the wait. ;)

I deeeeeefinitely relate to this one! :^P I have to order most of my tarot stuff, so I do a lot of waiting for the mailperson. But the wait is worth it!

INIVEA

Wow! That's great that you got it! :^D

On that vein, another hopefully relatable feeling...that face when no stores around you sell tarot cards and you have to buy everything online! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Yeah, I was lucky, but now I will have to get Tarot for Hip Witches Kit, oh geezz why, because it comes with a companion book written by Barbara Moore for the Witchy Tarot. I only got the deck only, <pouts> no book :(

Love the character face you made, I feel for you, the waiting game is horrid sometimes, I like instant gratification, no waiting required. lmbo

HallowedNight

Yeah, I was lucky, but now I will have to get hip Witch Tarot kit, oh geezz why, because it comes with a book written by Barbara Moore for the Witchy Tarot. I only got the deck only, <pouts> no book :(

Love the character face you made, I feel for you, the waiting game is horrid sometimes, I like instant gratification, no waiting required. lmbo

Aw man! Well, it'll be good once you get the book~

And I tooooootally get the instant gratification thing, I'm definitely like that. I wanna go to a tarot store and be able to look at decks before I buy them...or at least not have to wait for them! But oh well. :^P

LindaMechele

My "just tarot things"...

While out and about, putting my hand in my purse and patting my deck in there.

Knowing as I work that I have a secret in my purse in my locker in the breakroom, feeling it there from where I am.

Finally home after a hard days' work, shucking the work clothes for something a lot more comfortable, putting on some mellow jazz, sitting down in my comfy desk chair and picking up a deck.

Looking over just now at my tarot box, open to show all my decks and Lenormands and oracles sitting there all comfy in their bags and pouches, all the while knowing that no matter what life throws at me I can find guidance and comfort there.

MissChiff

Knowing as I work that I have a secret in my purse in my locker in the breakroom, feeling it there from where I am.

Finally home after a hard days' work, shucking the work clothes for something a lot more comfortable, putting on some mellow jazz, sitting down in my comfy desk chair and picking up a deck.

Looking over just now at my tarot box, open to show all my decks and Lenormands and oracles sitting there all comfy in their bags and pouches, all the while knowing that no matter what life throws at me I can find guidance and comfort there.

I feel this way... Exactly like this...

HallowedNight

I feel just like this... I usually bring a deck when I go out, just to have it there. It just calms me down for some reason~

Or laying in bed watching TV or something and just shuffling your favorite deck absentmindedly because it feels good in your hands~