Going To Draw Three Cards A Day For Awhile

GreenMoonBeam

Thanks to all who added great spreads. I will be trying these myself.

UrbanFool

Prism said:
1. What I should let go of or move away from

2. What I should hold onto or move toward

3. How/where I can best focus my creative energy

I use the positions as 1 3 2
Prism, do you use reversals for this spread?

Prism

No, I don't use reversals. One of the things I like about this spread is that's it's helping me to think about the positive and negative things about the cards, depending on the position. For example, this morning I drew the Ten of Swords in position 2. Hmm....

Hedera

With certain decks (like the Bohemian Gothic), I prefer doing 3-card daily draws, rather than a single card; it seems to work better sometimes, giving the cards a more defined position.

I either use my own 3-card spread:

- Inside (what's going on in my head/heart)
- Outside (influences from what's around me)
- Advice

which are laid out in a triangle, with the advice card on top.

Other times, I use the 3-card spread I found on Mark McElroy's site a while ago:

- Issue, subject for the day
- Why does this come up?
- Advice for how to deal with it

in which case I lay the cards down in a reversed triangle, with the issue of the day on the bottom, and the reason and advice above it.

I've had some very interesting readings with both of them. The cards also get a chance to be more specific than with a single card daily draw, and it's interesting to see how different cards keep showing up, in different positions, etc.

Of course, it's (at least) three times as much work to journal about it, so usually after a few weeks (or days) I go back to single cards, or sometimes take a break alltogether.