The Glue Tarot

Laurel

*now thinking about other funny 'gag' tarot deck ideas*

Dissapearing ink?

A deck that screamed when you pulled it out of the box? Something like "Oh no not YOU again!"

pozt

Hahaha....how about one of those decks where the box looks like a regular sized deck, but when u open it, it's this really really tiny deck and it has the following words printed on it:

"Another sucker." :)

Macavity

Well, I suppose you could use that chemical that works in those freezer temperature monitors - So that as the cards warm up they show more (or less) numbers of pips etc? And thinking about hair - a rather messy(?) deck that grows "hair" if you leave it out of the box? I do remember you could buy joke bars of soap like that at one time... Probably most of those things are classified as highly dangerous these days :D

Hmmm I'm surprised noone makes a "holographic" tarot like the "thingy" on credit cards... Far too expensive, no doubt ;)

firemaiden

Between stealing the ideas from Macavity and Kiama I am going to become a billionaire. I just have to figure out how to market my new hologram deck, and my chocolate oracle. I haven't of course produced these goodies yet, but I am sure that they are going to make me a millionaire! No, sorry, I mean billionaire.

JUST KIDDING :D:D:D:D
But on the other hand, I just want you to know, that if you don't develop and market this idea, I am sure someone else will!

I think a cool idea for a goofy tarot would be one in which the usual characters are all exactly the same except for one major problem, like the HP exactly as she is in RW except, tightly gagged, and eyes all bugged out, or the book upside down, and the veil all torn, like someone just crashed through it! The fool actually FALLING off that cliff...or the dog (no sorry, if its going over the cliff, it better be a cat). The hermit with a battery problem in his lamp, etc...
Gosh, where did I get such a sick sense of humor :eek: Been in Grey Berlin too long?????

DarkChild

i love all these ideas!! :)
...hehehe.....
i can just imagine all these people trying to take apart a deck that was stuck together, or trying to read one as the ink slowly fades away.....
and then those people (like me) who sit there for hours on end messing with it trying to get them to work because theyre 'blond' and don't get it, or it takes them a few hours (or days) for it all to finally process. then if they still don't get it theyll get so frustrated theyll throw it across the room or through a window...
its great!! i love it all

firemaiden

firemaiden said:
The fool actually FALLING off that cliff...or the dog (no sorry, if its going over the cliff, it better be a cat).

Ooooops! I hope I didn't offend any cat lovers out there! (sorry Macavity! is that how I killed this thread?)

Chronata

I actually own a really great joke deck, that someone gave me as a present!

It is a small blue box, with gold lettering and stars, that says "Old Gypse Cards...instructions inside"
When you slide the "cards"out of the bottom, a snake,( like the ones in those joke peanut cans )flies out in your face!

I love this thing! and I keep it near my other decks to catch the curious and unwarry!