Need help coming up with a tarot deck based on the Twilight books/movies

Glass Owl

Spoiler Warning: If you haven't read the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer you may want to skip this thread if you don't want to be spoiled!

I have two Inspiration Tarot decks and I would like to use one of them to create my own Twilight based Tarot deck for my own personal use. These cards are basically blank except for the titles.

I will be putting quotes from the books/movies on these cards rather than putting any illustrations on them.

Does anyone know if using Sharpies on these cards would work or will it smear?

I'd really love to get some input from other Twilight fans in regards to what I should put on the cards. Before I commit to filling out any cards I first want to have a complete list of the Major and Minor Arcana.

Golden Moon

Well you can put Bella as the empress and her boyfriend (the vampire guy) as the emperor. :)

I have not read the Book, but i've seen the movie (not that I wanted to). :D

Glass Owl

For the Empress, I would have to go with Esme because she is very much a protective, motherly figure in the books. I see Bella as Strength, she is the one who *tames* Edward -- as he tells her, "so the lion fell in love with the lamb."

There are a few things that come into play in the second book "New Moon" that will probably end up in the Major Arcana...

NateSean

Bella would work for me as Strength only because of the reverse. She's very codependant as evidenced by her complete emotional break down in New Moon when Edward left.

Then Jacob comes along, moves in on Edward's territory and he becomes her enabler until Edward comes back and she's back on him again.

Just the way I look at her. Definitely not someone I'd want my little sister modeling after.

Jasper would make a good Six of Swords as he needs to change his way of life when he and Alice join up with the Cullens. He has to completely sacrifice his need for human blood, whereas there are vampires that will not do this even if it means blending in with the human race.

Rosalie could be the Queen of Swords. She has wisdom which comes from her most painful moments and in the reverse her personality is vicious and cutting.

Carlisle and Esmee for the Emperor and Empress. These two are the pillars of strength that keep the family in check. Carlisle leads by his example and he is both loving and firm and Esmee's nurturing nature is very strong in the group.

For the minor suits I offer this:

Swords - Vampires. I've always said that the symbology of the swords lies within the ability to use our sword as a weapon and to choose not to do damage with it at all. Vampires must choose to drink human blood or animal blood. They have to choose to use their abilities to help or to hurt

Wands - Werewolves. Wands represent the ability to manifest, create, and control. And Jacob and the others have a number of powers and abilities in addition to being able to shift from one shape to another.

Cups - The human characters. Jessica, Chief Swan, Bella's mother, etc. All fill the story at one point or another and a good chunk of the story deals with human emotions such as loss, confidence, sadness.

Coins - Physical locations, vehicles, Bella's Lullaby. Places that are important to the characters like Forks, the diner, the police station, the Quillette Reservation. Because the coins represent both spiritual and financial wealth, a lot of the locations, such as Esmee's island, become key to the character's development.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

harleyquinn

well unless...

this is for personal use you do not have the rights to these characters so before making this creation you may want to take the steps to getting permission from the author before you even start the making process. you don't don't need any kind of law suit against you it wouldn't be fun. HARLEY

Glass Owl

harleyquinn said:
this is for personal use you do not have the rights to these characters so before making this creation you may want to take the steps to getting permission from the author before you even start the making process. you don't don't need any kind of law suit against you it wouldn't be fun. HARLEY
As I stated in the opening post of this thread, this deck will be for my own use. I have the Inspiration Tarot Deck, which is a blank deck and I plan on selecting quotes from the books/movies and writing them on the cards.

Thanks for the ideas, NateSean. While I don't know about Bella as a role model, I do believe that how she handles herself in Breaking Dawn demonstrates her incredible determination and willpower. For the time being, I'm leaning towards Carlisle as the hierophant and the Volturi (or maybe Aro) as the Emperor. I too think that Rosalie is a great fit for the Queen of Swords. Nessie will probably end up as Temperance, the Tower will be the cliff that Bella dives from, and Jacob is definitely the Sun.

Bright*Phoebe

Neat Idea!

Wow! Great insight NateSean. I like your breakdown. Fun idea for a deck Glass Owl :)

Astraea Aurora

Hi Glass Owl

I like your idea of using quotes instead of pictures. There are so many good, heart breaking, sweet and funny moments in the books, it would be a shame not to use them.

Good idea! :thumbsup:

Astraea Aurora :grin:

conversus

You might consider Bella for the Fool, the whole series is a manifestation of the Fool's Journey and the transformation/attainment possible for each of us ; She could also be the World for the same reason.

An interesting project. I'd enjoy hearing more of what you do with it, even if it is just for you!

CED

Glass Owl

conversus said:
You might consider Bella for the Fool, the whole series is a manifestation of the Fool's Journey and the transformation/attainment possible for each of us ; She could also be the World for the same reason.
I really like the idea of Bella leaving Phoenix (at the start of Twilight) as the Fool. Awesome idea!