Need help coming up with a tarot deck based on the Twilight books/movies

Glass Owl

I put this project away for a long time but now I'm resuming it. Any ideas on the Magician and the High Priestess?

Glass Owl

I totally forgot about this project idea! I suppose some of it was due to the fact that I became so involved with my Twilight Audio Book divination reading. I suddenly remember this thread while I was looking for something and came across the 2 Inspirational decks (no idea what they were doing there!).

So I'm resurrecting this thread in hopes that some other Twilight fans here can share their thoughts on what Twilight elements could match up with various Tarot card. I'd like to use brief quotes on the cards, from either the books or the films.

Oh, and please remember, that this project would be strictly for my own personal use.

tarotlyn

...Does anyone know if using Sharpies on these cards would work or will it smear?...
:heart::) Hi! Glass Owl...
I noticed that no one commented on the 'Sharpies.' I think just about any inks, pens, etc.
will smear 'right after' you draw with them, but not after they are dry. So you just have to
be very careful with whatever you use, be it Sharpies or other.

I use 'Staedtler Lumocolor' permenant markers...used for transparencies and they are great
and do not smear after they dry, which is pretty quickly. They are a little pricey but you can
find deals on them usually on ebay or amazon.com. Their set of '8' pens come in colors:
purple, red, brown, yellow, blue, black, green, and orange. They also come in fine or medium.
You can read more about them here:
http://www.staedtler.com/Lumocolor_permanent_universal_pen_gb#ctl08_Tab-product-tab-2

I have been using these for years and the fine is great for writing a LOT of words on tarot cards.
As I said, they dry really fast and the work lasts forever with no fading. Back in the
70' I wrote my own meanings on a whole tarot deck, upright and reversed, and I still have that
deck to this day and it has not faded at all. It is amazing ink. The funny thing is, I think my
insight (into tarot meanings) was better then than now...LOL because sometimes I go back
and read those cards and than I think 'wow' how did I know that then? :laugh: do we regress as we get older :bugeyed: Ha Ha...

Anyway, back to the subject...I just noticed that they now have 'double-ended' pens...
fine on one end and medium on the other! But they only come in four colors of red, green,
blue, and black...here: http://www.staedtler.com/Lumocolor_permanent_duo_marker

Good luck with your new deck project!

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

Glass Owl

Thank you so much for the advice about the pens, Tarotlyn. It would be a great disappointment to come up with my quotes/statements only to have the wording smear.

alyna

i've looked around a lot for a deck based on their story because I have been a die-hard fan of twilight. I have all four books and I read them like Bella reading her classics over and over. I wish you good luck with the deck and hope you finish it as soon as possible and may be give us some readings like the Ipod readings :)