how to get a new deck & book reviewed on AT

Babalon Jones

Does anyone know if there is a protocol to getting something reviewed on AT? I'm anticipating having copies of my deck (with LWB), and the (full size) companion book in print very soon, and was just wondering how that happens.

I looked around and it seems like people just can volunteer to do a review, but is it common to ask someone? Do people ask others on here to write one for them? Does one ask a stranger to do it so it is done impartially, or do people ask a friend?

Just curious and want to know what others have done. Thanks much!

gregory

People do whatever they want to do. I wouldn't ask a friend, as it would immediately LOOK biased. But you need someone who has seen the whole deck - and I'm also not aware that there are REVIEWS of unpublished ones here. So I think you'll have to wait for someone to own it.

AJ

I'm guessing most publishers send Solandia a deck.
Her address in on the subscribe page.

Alta

Solandia loves having deck reviews and as long as they are reasonably well written and not, say, a deliberate attack, she posts all reviews. Some decks have more than one.

Babalon Jones

True gregory, I was going to wait until it is actually published. Which will only be in a couple of weeks - it is at the printers now and I'm waiting for a proof!

Yeah, I would feel weird about having a friend do it, as I want it to be legit, but I didn't know if people randomly sent copies of a deck to people on here who have reviewed decks before and requested it, or if that was bad form somehow.

Guess I'll maybe wait and see once I've sold some and see if anyone volunteers.

edited to add: and of course I could send Solandia one; I didn't know that she actually did the reviews too! Must be a lot of work with all the site stuff too!

gregory

True gregory, I was going to wait until it is actually published. Which will only be in a couple of weeks - it is at the printers now and I'm waiting for a proof!

Yeah, I would feel weird about having a friend do it, as I want it to be legit, but I didn't know if people randomly sent copies of a deck to people on here who have reviewed decks before and requested it, or if that was bad form somehow.

Guess I'll maybe wait and see once I've sold some and see if anyone volunteers.

edited to add: and of course I could send Solandia one; I didn't know that she actually did the reviews too! Must be a lot of work with all the site stuff too!

She doesn't do many reviews; I wouldn't count on that one. If I were in your place, I'd wait till someone who owns it has posted here about what they think - and as long as they aren't damning it to hell, PM them and ask them to do one for you ?

Babalon Jones

Good idea gregory, thanks!

"damning it to hell" lol, I hope not! })

Manda

I am much looking forward to your deck. My blog format has me use a deck every day for a week, then post a review. If yours grabs me for a week, I'll be reviewing it. :) I'm not AT, though.