Movie Monster Tarot Minors

dolphingirl

The munsters car and two of the characters show up in the chariot :) Here is some of the info from the lwb

# 7. The Chariot
Keywords: Triumph over adversity, reaching your goal, overcoming life’s obstacles, self confidence, Need to harness energy, and use it wisely.
Description: Lilly and Grandpa Munster sit in the back of the Munster’s coach ready to go on a ride.
Upright Meaning: Assuming the reins of power, being in control. Knowing who you are and having faith in yourself. Go win that Drag race!
Reversed Meaning: Feeling a loss of control, being pulled in different directions
Thoughts: This was the last card that I painted for the Major Arcana of this deck and was also the most challenging. All that fiddly detail! I am particularly happy with the way the car and the cobblestones turned out. I had a lot of great ideas for the Chariot, from Dracula’s coach to the car from the movie “Christine,” but for some reason I was stuck on doing the Munster’s car. I loved the look of that car, and you definitely come away with the feeling that this car can go fast. One thing that I found interesting when researching the Munsters was that there is a couple that is actually building a house modeled after the original house in the show. Talk about cool!

HudsonGray

You know, the Munsters together would make a great 10 of Cups. Much better than the Adams Family group (less infighting among the kids).

Say.....those headless rose stems of Morticia's may be an idea for the Ace of Wands.

Mabuse

The old black and white Universal films, I think are the best: Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman. This is my opinion, but I think the horror genre declined when they started making the films in color because gore was soon substituted for atmosphere.

firemaiden

I saw a horrible grade triple Z horror film on late night TV once where people got burried in the corn field up to their necks, and the wacked out farmers were trying to grow them like plants. That would make a good seven of pentacles, no?

HudsonGray

Oh, God, I remember that one! The people were drugged or something & were nodding their heads up and down... That was one of those really late, late night movies too that they don't show on Saturday afternoons.

cormac

ncefafn said:
Oh my gosh. The sister, the one with spinal meningitis or whatever it was, in that movie freaked me out so bad. There has to be a place for her in the deck.

Kim

i'd rather not be scared doing tarot lol -- that movie and book both scared the hell out of me :D (but good choice nonetheless)

i'd like to see some of the classics, the phantom of the opera/lon chaney, frankenstein's monster/karloff, king kong, mighty joe young, that type of thing :) -- but allthe suggestions have been great :)

it's not really horror but i think the characters and creatures from 'labrynth' and 'the dark crystal' could make an interesting tarot (perhaps they have been made already) -- i really like the Skeksis' :D

Kitty_Magick

oo i luv horror movies what about jason or the little girl from the ring (forget her name) or leatherface from texas chainsaw massacre (love that movie) or that kid from the grudge