Tarot of the Enlightenment

blackroseivy

This is the title I had decided on for the unpublishable one; I shall retain it for the deck I am going to paint. I still need to decide on size; I thought miniature in actual size, but then I saw mythos' & at that size, it's easier to paint... But will reducing it diminish it (if you know what I mean)? I am set up to start the "miniature" process; let's see where it goes. I am going to take canvas paper, gesso it & smooth it, then mount pieces onto those cards that are do-it-yourself decks! I'll de-warp them, & then paint on them. Unless someone says I should do it differently, that is!

I need to do some pre-paint work, of course; at least rough sketches...! I have a tendancy to want to go straight to the paint. I have photographic refs, as well.

Well, thought I'd keep bumping this one with the intention of keeping it going as I have work to show! I need everyone's support...! :D

(P.S. What do y'all think of the title, anyhoo?)

blackroseivy

Here is a sketch I have made: it is The Fool (beginning at the beginning), & is preparatory to painting something. He is in the act of leaping off of a cliff, which is behind him; he is wearing a suit of armor, & there is an eagle flying over his head.

Attachments

• totefoolsketch.jpg
    totefoolsketch.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 114

December Fairy

I love the title. I'm not sure about reducing a painting. I have reduced pictures we have with no problem.

Can you do a trial picture to reduce?

blackroseivy

What, you mean another painting? In pictures, they look fine. I KNOW I can't paint that small & have it look like anything; besides of which, in decks like the "Engel", these are full-sized paintings reduced photographically. I'm pretty sure I'll be all right. If I didn't say, I definitley decided to paint larger. That's all 'til later!