The Fairytale Tarot: first impressions

Equusgirl

All these posts have been...TEMPTING! I'm off to order mine now :)

Laika

I preordered min off Amazon.co.uk MONTHS ago..and they kept delaying it but till saying on the site 1-2 week delivery..s o i complained and got £5 off.... still waiting for it... but they promise me i'll get it next week!

cant wait!!! :D

firemaiden

I've pre-ordered from Tarot Garden. I hope they get it soon! I haven't been this excited about a deck EVER!

HearthCricket

I feel the same way....I have not been so excited about a deck for ages, if ever. I am waiting very impatiently for it to come out at Amazon! I know this will be a deck I will use a lot. I will probably get 2-one for using and 1 for back-up! I love fairy-tales and was truly brought up on them. The thought of having them on cards to use in a tarot reading is like a dream come true. Now, if we can only get Baba to produce a Pre-Raphaelite deck, I may never need another deck for the rest of my life! BTW...I just ordered Bohemian Cats. Can't wait for that one, too!

BlueLotus

I got mine a couple of days ago, and I can't praise it enough .

In addition to admiring the gorgeous images, I started drawing cards at random and enjoying the fairy tales in the accompanying book .

I have always considered myself a child at heart; so when this deck came along, I had to have it. I am re-living my lost childhood, and enjoying every moment of it.

This is a very intriguing set indeed. I am totally besotted.

Eco74

sweetscarlet said:
At first, I thought it would be good to read just one story a day, but that was completely unrealistic. It's like potato chips that way, you can't stop with just one :)
This is the same thing I've discovered too.
Some stories are unfamiliar or have enough twists and turns in them so I want to devote a bit of time to them, but others flow like candy and I want "just one more" before calling it a night.
It has been my nightly habit for a while now, and the dreams I've had some nights.. Running like the wind, wearing amazing clothes, having adventures with monsters and far-away-travellers..
Too bad I haven't been able to remember them more clearly. Bits and pieces don't get written down unless there seems to be some point to it, and the sounds, the feel of the ground, the wind in my face and the smells all get lost in the feeling anyway.

Oh, to live those dreams... Well, some of them. A couple of them have been a little scary at times.

baba-prague

This has all been so good to read. I never quite know whether to jump in and say lots about the deck or to stand back a bit and just listen. We think that this deck is one of those that really will find a place and be useful. I totally agree with the review here on AT that says that it isn't a beginner's deck (you could use it very well with a beginner who didn't know tarot but had a good knowledge of fairytales of course, but that's a whole different thing perhaps) but we do think it's a deck that's going to be stretching and may lead to other things - you know it's remarkable how many people have said that the deck is leading them back into reading fairy stories, and I couldn't ask for anything better.

Dreams - now this is interesting. I have had some amazing dreams when I've been working with this deck. I suppose that's not surprising as fairytales do touch on some deep and powerful archetypes, but well, I was initially a bit taken-aback. The other day I had the most extraordinary dream which I realised afterwards was partly taken from The Maiden King. It was SO vivid and beautiful and almost frighteningly intense. We didn't predict that working with this deck might have that effect.

When I'm well again (long story, but under the weather and working from home for a while right now) I'd love to offer some readings and discussion. I need to explore the deck more - and would be grateful to get some input and comments as I do that.

ArwenNightstar

baba-prague said:
When I'm well again (long story, but under the weather and working from home for a while right now) I'd love to offer some readings and discussion. I need to explore the deck more - and would be grateful to get some input and comments as I do that.

I would love to see you do a reading for me using one of my Fairy Tale spreads or a spread of your choice. On babies. :)

baba-prague

Will do (edited to say, and with pleasure by the way) - as long as you aren't in a rush. Is sometime over the next fortnight quick enough? I really can't commit to much sooner than that unfortunately.