Fashion

Loti

I've always been big on designing clothes, but i never have the motivation to make many because I doubt they'll ever come to use. But then...I decided that maybe I could design 78 different outfits for the 78 tarot cards! Each outfit would be quite modern with subtle symbolism, but instead of the generic runway pose, it would have a more traditional and obvious pose. Like I've created The Fool so far. Nice spring looking outfit to represent a new begininng. Light and colorful like a child's clothing. Conservative showing the innocence. But she is out of balance kind of taking place of the cliff that is usually shown in other tarot cards. and she still holds a white rose. Not done yet. But what do you think?

Sidhe-Ra

I think it would be a very interesting project!

Zargata

Wow, I think that would be cool. Man I would kill for a talent like that.

temperlyne

I love the idea, but it would really help if you can show us some scetches! I'm wondering how subtle the symbolisms will be, will you be able to wear the cloths on a regular day? Or are you thinking more along the lines of clothing for special occasions? I very curious!

Loti

well im planning on doing all sorts of outfits. Th fool for example is something to wear on any day. it pretty much looks like a 3/4 sleeve green shirt with light pink capris. Somewhat representing spring colors and the fool's representaion of a new beginning. others of course will be more on the fancy side i havent really planned out much yet, but i'll be sure to post The Fool once i have finished it to give yall an idea.

ziplizard

Oooo! I would love to see some pictures.
I bet The Tower would be fun to design.

Guiding Cauldron

Lotti

This soudns great! I am a fashion designer, I had my own biz with a private client base and made one of a kind outfits made to order per the clients. I've since closed shop and am a mother to my son full time, but i do make some exceptions for a few clients during the social seasons.

Would LOVE to see your ideas, this sounds like a great route for your talent. :) Good luck with it!

Loti

wow sunshine thats amazing. im not MUCH of a fashion designer, but ive got some ideas. i'll be posting some sketches i have once im done roughly sketching the emperor.

Catmoon

I'd love to see that, the idea is smashing. As soon as as you'll have some sketches posted I'll give you my humble opinion. Go for it.