The size of the cards

flipperjane

I find these cards difficult to shuffle because they are so big. Does anyone else find this difficult and have you any tips on shuffling? I can shuffle half the pack at a time but find the whole deck a bit of a stretch!!

Disa

Hi, again.

I think this is a common problem for users of the DruidCraft. (You may be able to find this discussed in another thread somewhere.) I have found that if I hold half the deck in each hand, and shufffle them "length-wise" it works better. In other words- instead of shuffling the shorter ends together, hold them so that you are shuffling the longer ends together- does that make sense? Just sort of turn them sideways to how you normally shuffle a regular deck of playing cards.

Otherwise, you could just swirl them around the table and pick them as you see fit.

Fortuna

Hi, again.

I think this is a common problem for users of the DruidCraft. (You may be able to find this discussed in another thread somewhere.) I have found that if I hold half the deck in each hand, and shufffle them "length-wise" it works better. In other words- instead of shuffling the shorter ends together, hold them so that you are shuffling the longer ends together- does that make sense? Just sort of turn them sideways to how you normally shuffle a regular deck of playing cards.

Otherwise, you could just swirl them around the table and pick them as you see fit.

My hands are small, so for big cards, I also do length-wise.

Sulis

Lots of people trim the borders off this deck - I did it with mine and I loved the deck afterwards - it was a bonding experience and made it feel more mine.

Some trim down to the borders and other people trim right down to the images. I started off leaving the borders and titles on mine then went the whole way and trimmed those off too.. The deck looks great trimmed. There are some pictures of some trimmed DruidCraft decks here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=98688

Miss Divine

I trimmed mine too. They are so much better looking trimmed anyway!

flipperjane

Lots of people trim the borders off this deck - I did it with mine and I loved the deck afterwards - it was a bonding experience and made it feel more mine.

Some trim down to the borders and other people trim right down to the images. I started off leaving the borders and titles on mine then went the whole way and trimmed those off too.. The deck looks great trimmed. There are some pictures of some trimmed DruidCraft decks here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=98688

Wow - what a terrifying prospect. My partner who is incredibly good at jobs like this said he wouldn't do it if I asked him to. He said I would need to find a guillotine - you could never do it with scissors.
Some of those images look great - with curved corners!!!

What method have people used to get such a neat finish - i am terrified of botching it.

MzMcKee

Wow - what a terrifying prospect. My partner who is incredibly good at jobs like this said he wouldn't do it if I asked him to. He said I would need to find a guillotine - you could never do it with scissors.
Some of those images look great - with curved corners!!!

What method have people used to get such a neat finish - i am terrified of botching it.

You would want the guillotine trimmer and you will want and a corner rounder punch, both can be found at Michael's Crafts for about $30 total. You'll find them with the scrapbooks supplies. Don get the slide cutter, I have that one and Ben with a new blade it leaves a lip on the edge.

Do one card at a time, don't try to stack them... Again trust me on his one.

The corner rounder makes for a nice finished look. Use the smaller size, I forget what it is. He larger size is just too much.

You can practice with a dollar store brand of cards, they don't normally have borders on he face, but they do on the back... Just a thought.

Have fun!

Sulis

Scissors work the best I've found and once you get going it really is quite relaxing... Scissors and a corner punch..

celticnoodle

I got this deck as a gift from a tarot reading friend. She bought the deck for herself as well. She trimmed her deck and I'm tempted to have her do mine. I worry about trimming decks though. I am always worried about ruining the deck, but she swears it is much better trimmed. I thought about having her do mine, but I do have access to a paper trimmer, that I could use and keep it very even--so I think I'll ask about borrowing that machine and doing it myself. I have very small hands and find them difficult to handle as is, but I LOVE the deck! Another of my decks that is so accurate for me over all.

flipperjane

I've done it - I've trimmed my deck right down to the picture. It looks amazing and is so easy to handle now. I'm so glad I took the plunge and did it. I used a guillotine - one card at a time.
:) :)