The size of the cards

Aeon.of.Horus

Trimming the Deck....!

I found that this deck is a perfect deck to trim. I trimmed mine down to just the pic in the middle.
No name of the card no border no nothing !!!
Do this and they then become the perfect deck in size.
My only complaint is that they are not laminated thus the deck can be easily destroyed with daily use.
So......
I got some laminate pouches A4 in size and 50mic thickness and laminated every card and then trimmed them down to the edges.
The result was outstanding and now i have a deck that will last forever...!

Hope this helps...
Try it and let me know your feelings...

I do feel that the deck is left in its "unfinished state" so as you can modify it to however you want it :)

Aeon

Ziev

Aeon.of.Horus, can you shuffle the cards ok with them being laminated?

flipperjane

Ha, it's funny how this thread has just turned up now. As my favorite deck I decided the cut down cards just didn't work for me and have just bought another deck. Am determined to cope with them full size now.
I don't reckon the quality of my new deck is quite as good as the last one though which is irritating.

Aeon.of.Horus

Aeon.of.Horus, can you shuffle the cards ok with them being laminated?

Yes Ziev...
I got the thinnest laminate I could find. 55microns I think, I will deck and confirm when I get home....
It does make the pack a little thicker but nothing too drastic.
I would advise however to laminate them first the trim them down to size and then run them through the laminator again (not adding more laminate lol) just to adhere them ....

I did this too to my Druid Animals Oracle Deck too...

All the Carr-Gomm cards have a serious lack of laminate I sense that they only half finished them so that we could personalise them into any number of ways....

But to answer your question....
No problems in shuffling the deck at all ��

urbandryad

I have this trouble with my Angel Tarot, and since the deck is not only bid, but gilted in silver edging, it feels kind of sharp. o_o

I've gotten a method of doing this, take a card from the top, lay it face down. Then from the bottom, then from the top, then from the bottom. This mixes things pretty well. If you're starting from a new deck though, you can divide it into several piles and shuffle them separately first, its easier that way, less unwieldy, then just rifle each shuffled pile into each other.

Lots of ways to shuffle a big deck. I sympathize, my hands are pretty small. I had problems with piano playing because I couldn't reach the widest chord with my hands, making lessons almost impossible.

CHOSENPATH

I'm big with huge hands. I LOVE this deck size!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVHzvSsHJCM

Im a man so even I with large hands have trouble shuffling any large decks,however I love large cards I have the large thoth deck and dragon tarot. The way to shuffle them really is very easy, just shuffle them sideways like you would length wise. Or I hold them at a slight angle and from the sides shuffle the corners, this is simple and easily learned. Im would not alter any of my decks but that's just me.