Meanings in druidcraft and other decks

Aein

Hello :)
I'm not experienced at all, and I just got a Druidcraft tarot deck. I noticed some differences between them and classic decks and I’m wondering if the meanings are different too. In some cards like the Fferyllt, the Lovers, Cernunnos etc, the feeling I have is much different from the classic cards (Temperance, Lovers, Devil etc). For example, the Lovers card, doesn’t give me the sense of a choice you have to make, but that you already chose and you’re happy with it. Or the Fferyllt. Temperance always gives me the impression of patience not in a good way. In a way of “this too shall pass”. Fferyllt on the other hand makes me feel more optimistic. That you have to find the way, to combine things and then you’ll find peace and harmony. Is it right to try interpret cards from druidcraft with the meanings from other decks? What do you think? Or this deck has it’s own meanings?

Aein

Thanks a lot ana luisa :)

Aein

However, my question remains. Should we use meanings of the classic decks in Druidcraft? Or we must accept that it has its own interpretation and be inspired from the symbols on the cards and the meanings from the book...?

Pam O

However, my question remains. Should we use meanings of the classic decks in Druidcraft? Or we must accept that it has its own interpretation and be inspired from the symbols on the cards and the meanings from the book...?

WELCOME to AT Aein!!!

There really is no "should" in Tarot. There is a structure, yes. Some people include numerology and the suits to help them read. You can think of each of the minor cards being in families under the Majors. For example, the Aces all being ruled by the Magician. Others just look at pictures and see what stands out in that particular reading.

You do what "feels" right to you. The book is simply there for guidance to inspire your own insight and intuition to read the cards. No book definitions are set in stone! The cards will change their meanings depending on what the reading is about, the other cards surrounding, etc.

Does this help you?

ETA
I have been studying a great TdM teacher. His wisdom is to ask 2 questions:
What is happening?
How does it feel?

Aein

Thanks a lot Pam O. You helped a lot. To be honest, I usually interpret the cards intuitively. Taking some things from the book, looking the drawings and combining them with my inner feeling at the moment of the reading. I'm not so into orthologistic interpretations. However I want to expand my knowledge and have more clues when I'm trying to see something in the cards. On the other hand it's too difficult to read the cards for myself using just intuition, because I'm not so sure that I can be objective. I know that my questions may be a bit naive, but as I said, I'm new to this. And this thing between the classic decks and the Druidcraft still troubles me. I use to have some conversations with a friend and I see tha we disagree in a lot of things. She's having a Rider-Waite deck, and we spend lot of time arguing what the Fferyllt, or the Lovers mean for excample. And so, I thought that the problem is that theese two decks are different and you can't use interpratations from the one to another...

Pam O

Thanks a lot Pam O. You helped a lot. To be honest, I usually interpret the cards intuitively. Taking some things from the book, looking the drawings and combining them with my inner feeling at the moment of the reading.

....and we spend lot of time arguing what the Fferyllt, or the Lovers mean for excample. And so, I thought that the problem is that theese two decks are different and you can't use interpratations from the one to another...

Each spread, and each time a card is pulled can present a varied interpretation. Nothing is set in stone. One card does NOT just mean one thing! If it did, a computer could do a reading. But computer generated interpretations are very stifling because a computer does not have intuition to see when a particular symbol pops out in a card, or matching symbols between cards! Or how this card could influance that card one way in this reading, and a completely different way in that reading

Have you considered coming over and joining in some intuition expanding exercises using your deck? There are a variety of great book Study Groups offering really powerful opportunities to see the different angles buried in one cards.

21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card - Study Group index thread
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=74465

The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - Ever!! by Dusty White - study group index
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=217470

Index of Study Groups
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34124

The bottom of this list offers quite a diverse listings you might not expect.

ETA: A key to reading for yourself is to focus on finding neutrality so you can "hear, " see", "feel" messages in ways you will not when you are not in neutrality. Finding neutrality is a super powerful exercise! :)