Reversals

CHOSENPATH

Dont read reversals, but im so found of Druidcraft tarot it seems like all my readings are always good when my day is anything but. With this deck in particular Im thinking i need to start using reversals. I use the Thoth deck but switched to druidcraft because thats my path, Thoth always seemed for me a negative deck for my readings as I bought two books with the thoth, but still seems like a negative others do well with it and thats fine, do most that use druidcraft also use reversals with this deck? whats your opinion? I find this to be a most wonderful deck that speaks to me. Just all my readings are to good to be true! lol.

LauraKai

I used reversals with my Druidcraft for several years and found it a very useful perspective in readings. It was enlightening, rather than doom-and-gloom, for me with this deck. I'm just getting back to reading after a break, so am currently reading with all the cards upright. However, I may well go back to reading it with reversals again. Not sure I would feel that way about other decks, but like you, I really love reading this one :)

CHOSENPATH

I used reversals with my Druidcraft for several years and found it a very useful perspective in readings. It was enlightening, rather than doom-and-gloom, for me with this deck. I'm just getting back to reading after a break, so am currently reading with all the cards upright. However, I may well go back to reading it with reversals again. Not sure I would feel that way about other decks, but like you, I really love reading this one :)

Thanks for the reply, I started with reversals last week with druidcraft. Like I mentioned Thoth deck is a wonderful deck but i had so many negative readings from it mostly swords,all the time I really wanted to use the thoth deck and maybe someday Ill give it another shot. but the druidcraft, what I like about it most is you can pull so much from the cards without using the book, in my case i use the app for it that is great as well as i can take it to work and study while others are around and dont know !

LauraKai

Thanks for the reply, I started with reversals last week with druidcraft. Like I mentioned Thoth deck is a wonderful deck but i had so many negative readings from it mostly swords,all the time I really wanted to use the thoth deck and maybe someday Ill give it another shot. but the druidcraft, what I like about it most is you can pull so much from the cards without using the book, in my case i use the app for it that is great as well as i can take it to work and study while others are around and dont know !

Yes, it's great, isn't it? :) I just found out about the app very recently, and I love having it to hand. The images are lovely to look at, and as you say, there is so much you can pull from them too, without having to refer to the book. I feel like all of the readings I've done with this deck have a warmth about them, even when they're sharing less than positive messages. Good luck with the reversals, it would be great to know how you get on with using them with this deck!

CHOSENPATH

Yes, it's great, isn't it? :) I just found out about the app very recently, and I love having it to hand. The images are lovely to look at, and as you say, there is so much you can pull from them too, without having to refer to the book. I feel like all of the readings I've done with this deck have a warmth about them, even when they're sharing less than positive messages. Good luck with the reversals, it would be great to know how you get on with using them with this deck!

I think its a growing process, I think you have to look at reversals differently. instead of seeing them negatively, ive tryed to learn of them as teaching me areas in my life that need to be worked on! just because I pull a nine of swords on a monday morning just before I start my day might mean something in my life or thinking might need to be tweaked.I think we would always love to have great readings all the time but thats not the reality of tarot. instead of being upset when I pull cards that aren't that uplifting I try to figure out what am I being shown here. is there a lesson, a change in thinking, a problem i'm facing at work with a coworker, or a situation thats coming up. I guess I'm trying to say reversals require more thought and deciphering and if you look at them that way we might feel differently about them.

LauraKai

I think its a growing process, I think you have to look at reversals differently. instead of seeing them negatively, ive tryed to learn of them as teaching me areas in my life that need to be worked on! just because I pull a nine of swords on a monday morning just before I start my day might mean something in my life or thinking might need to be tweaked.I think we would always love to have great readings all the time but thats not the reality of tarot. instead of being upset when I pull cards that aren't that uplifting I try to figure out what am I being shown here. is there a lesson, a change in thinking, a problem i'm facing at work with a coworker, or a situation thats coming up. I guess I'm trying to say reversals require more thought and deciphering and if you look at them that way we might feel differently about them.

That's a very good way to look at them :) As you say, reversals can highlight something that needs your attention.

Disa

I do use reversals with the DruidCraft. I also use reversals with all other decks.