Druidcraft Roundup! - study group discussion thread

WolfSpirit

TygrEyes, I think if you have enough people to start, I think you could go ahead and start the study group.
It is not that those who join later miss anything, all the threads will be here for them to read and to add to...maybe we will get new insights as well and come back to older threads as well.
There will always be people who get the deck at a later date than others, you can't wait till everyone has his deck anyway.

Just my opinion of course :) If you all think we should wait that's ok by me too.

starsongs

I've also been lax about keeping up with Study Groups, but would love to participate in this one as time allows..:D

starsongs

Sulis

I agree with Wolfspirit - I think we should start - people can join in as their decks arrive :)

Love

Sulis xx

Moonbow

Ok, if anyone starts a thread on a card, just pm me and I will scan the card , (now that I've sorted out the minor details of how to do it! :))

PS - I agree, let's do it!

TygrEyes

I noticed in looking at some other study threads that the initial posters copy info from the accompanying books (if there is one). Is that the way groups "normally" do it? If it is I don't mind doing it, but I may not get to it until later tonight or tommorrow. I'm dealing w/ my 2nd cold in two and a half weeks. So if you guys want to go ahead and start now feel free. I won't be offended. If you want me to start the thread that's fine too. I thought we'd follow the order in the book so the first card, as Fulgour pointed out, would be the Princess of Wands. You could start gathering your thoughts about it now. Actually, I think I'll open a thread now & e-mail Moonbow since she's so graciously offered to scan them. That way even the people w/out the deck can have time to look at it & get the wheels turning instead of feeling a little left behind if the thread takes off b/c everyone else has seen the card already. See you there, Folks! :eek:)

Moonbow

I have PM'd you TygrEyes

Rhiannon

Just received mine today. I'll follow along and add my thoughts (if any occur to me. :D) And yes, I just love this deck!

magpie9

I'm really glad you're doing this--and posting the cards. I don't have a deck yet, so seeing the cards wil be a treat and I can follow along until I get a deck...probably wont't post til then, though. Hope tht's OK?!

Fulgour

magpie9 said:
I'm really glad you're doing this--and posting the cards. I don't have a deck yet, so seeing the cards wil be a treat and I can follow along until I get a deck...probably wont't post til then, though. Hope tht's OK?!
Come and sit over by me :) we'll be silent partners...

TygrEyes

Sure it's OK! The Group is supposed to be fun. You're welcome to post with or without a deck. I see it as a nice gathering by the fireplace (with a fire!) w/ coffee, tea, hot choc., hot toddies (sp?) & just chatting about this wonderful deck we've all fallen for. Shall we gather in a family room w/ big cushy sofas or in a huge room in a castle w/ an even bigger fireplace & we'll push the cushy sofas closer to the fire? Either way you HAVE to have big cushy sofas!