Druidcraft study group - Princess of Pentacles

Sulis

Some notes from my journal:

This Princess is quite stocky, sturdy.
She has a very firm stance, big, solid feet.
Red cloak - rich looking, it has an ebroidered hem - expensive looking. Says she likes the finer things in life, posessions.
Red - passionate, healthy, strong, confident, courage.
Green dress - green is a colour of new growth, fertility, the Earth element. Used in money spells, spells for increase.
Square pattern on her dress - squares are solid, linked to the number 4 - Earth, solidity, structure, logic, boundaries, power.
She's really studying her pentacle.
Silver birch tree - new beginnings.
The sky is deep blue - it's winter now
Either dawn or dusk
Spiral patterns on the rocks - symbol of the Universe - shows that all things are cyclical, nothing ends, death / rebirth
She looks like a girl who likes to be outside, she looks like a bit of a tomboy.
There's moss on the rocks and on the tree - slow movement.

Love

Sulis xx
Is that a buriel chamber that she's standing near?

Keslynn

The first thing that I noticed is that she looks much younger than the other Princesses. I think they explain it a little in the book, but I don't have it in front of me. Anyone have personal thoughts on the significance?

:) Kes

Moonbow

Oops! Do we want a scan of this one?........ I'll be back :)

Fulgour

Thanks, ever so!

I feel like a schoolboy *:|* I came right here first thing
this morning to see if you'd posted her image... no, it's
more that: I knew you had and ran straight all the way.
These are so wonderful to view beside the actual cards,
it's like they help awaken so many things ~ it's magical!

Rhiannon

She does seem to be younger, she reminds me of a Hobbit. :) She is studying that pentacle and thinking very hard about what she's going to do with it and use it for. I like her studious little face. :D

Sulis

She reminds me of a hobbit too Rhiannon.

The Princess of Cups also reminds me of a hobbit. When I first got this deck my son looked through it and said 'It looks like a hobbit deck to me - all those big feet.'

I really like the court cards in this deck - I'm having no trouble reading them at all. The personality type they are expressing just jumps out at you.

Sulis xx

starsongs

Sulis said:
Some notes from my journal:

Green dress - green is a colour of new growth, fertility, the Earth element. Used in money spells, spells for increase.
Square pattern on her dress - squares are solid, linked to the number 4 - Earth, solidity, structure, logic, boundaries, power.
There's moss on the rocks and on the tree - slow movement.

Sulis, I hadn't thought about the square pattern in the Princesses dress, 4, nor about the moss equating with slow movement. Love these insights!

Did anyone notice the markings on the rocks next to her foot? The almost look like birds in flight, possibly symbolic of grounding those ideas in her head? Do I see another bird type pattern on the top rock of those piled behind her?

She does seem alot younger than the rest, Keslyn, I noticed that too. As of yet have no insights..Will be interested to hear whatothers think..

These court cards really do come to life!

starsongs

Keslynn

I was looking at this card again the other day, and I noticed something new. (I love when that happens.) Although everything about this Princess shows a grounding earthy influence, there is still wind blowing her cloak. I think that this emphasizes that, as a Princess, she is still at the beginning stages of everything.

Even though she's a child, she looks like a child who is prone to taking things too seriously and maybe growing up too fast. Perhaps that's why the artist made her younger than the others - to counteract her tendency to want to be mature sooner. It's a very interesting combination of energies. She's a complicated little one.

:) Kes

Cerulean

I do adore her thoughtful depth

and will write detail a bit later.

Cerulean

Majecot

I have been a bit busy lately so I am late in coming here.. apparently I am not the only one. Majecot looks around for the troup leader What happened to TygrEyes? Where did you go?

The Princess of Pentacles is definatley much younger than the other princess', But you can see by the studeous look on her face that she is much older than her years would imply, and not to be taken lightly.
I love the glorious richness of her wardrobe. She looks as if she is contemplating the pentacle in her hands as tho there are words or symbols written on them.
The key words given in the book are Studious, Self-Reliant, and Good natured.
She does appear to be all of those things.
I wish I knew more about the symbols behind her, it seems like it might be a temple of sorts or perhaps someones tomb?

Is that a face I see in the three in this one also or is that my imagination?

In comparing the court cards, I notice the artist has taken great care in representing them as family members, taking the parents features and combining them to create what can be taken as off spring. This princess appears (to me) to have the features of the Queen, and the coloring of the King. Much like what you would find in many familys.