Druid Craft Five of Wands

Mystic Leo

This is a good intuitive 5/Wands card - look at the expression on these boys faces!

It is easily read they just do seem to be having a muck around, playful fun. a bit of a challenge...the darker haired boy, seems to be making a contest out of it. So its obvious, you would have to look at the nearby cards to be able to see just what is happening.

What does the chicken in the card mean? Its certainly not too perturbed about the action otherwise it would be more in the air and not so contented with its pecking.

WalesWoman

Hmmmm, why did I think this card had been done? Maybe it came up in a reading...

One of the things about the black rooster, aka cock... is it is being raised for a sacrifice later on. (*see Magician #1) Then there is the concept of "boys" and cockiness, with all the rowdiness and chest thumping, etc...."friendly competition" as well as pecking order, establishing heirarchy. There is a lot of undeveloped, youthful enthusiasm & enjoyment as well as maybe not so well organized, constructive/building going on.

Chicken scratch is something that comes to mind... finding the bugs through application... so it could be trial runs, finding bugs before the actual implementation.

Drat... I lost all my Druidcraft scans.

Mystic Leo

Thank you for that WalesWoman...very interesting.

WalesWoman

You are welcome Mystic Leo, all that chest thumping and pecking...my mind ends up in the gutter. lol.

This is also a card of sexuality, mucho bravado, "mine is bigger than yours' bragging & boasting and other posturing... flirting, fooling around.

It can be conflict, but it's usually of a good natured sort I think. Like a good heated debate or discussion, the exchange of ideas and worse... too many egos bent on having it their way, unwilling to cooperate into a cohesive whole.

So perhaps that is what the rooster is about... sometimes in order to get somewhere, you have to be willing to make a sacrifice of ego.

Sulis

Hi,

The rooster is a hen and it relates to the story of Caridwen and Taliesin, where Caridwen chased Taliesin and forced him to transform into different creatures.

All the fives have a part of this story in them; they relate to the moment of crisis that procedes and is often a necessary part of transformation - hence the relation to the fives.

If you look at the fives in this deck you will see the greyhound chasing the hare, the otter chasing the salmon, the hawk chasing the wren and the hen swallowing the grain.

WalesWoman

:| Well, that explains why the hen is unaffected by all the chest thumping and posturing and banterning going on behind her. :cool:

Hemera

from the Five of Wands to the Six of Wands..

I went through my deck to search for the Five of Wands and I found it next to the Six of Wands. It struck me that both cards have the same elements but in the six they are in a higher octave (just as they should be). There are the fighting lads (or their dads?) but now they have joined their forces for common good. There´s also a bird there, but now it´s of a more noble kind, a hawk. Instead of the dry earth the hen is pecking in the Five there´s now water.

This is so wonderful with this deck that all the cards really belong together. They are not just pictures with different scenes in them. They show different sides of the same scene instead. It feels much more whole this way, doesn´t it.

Mystic Leo

Sulis said:
Hi,

The rooster is a hen and it relates to the story of Caridwen and Taliesin, where Caridwen chased Taliesin and forced him to transform into different creatures.

All the fives have a part of this story in them; they relate to the moment of crisis that procedes and is often a necessary part of transformation - hence the relation to the fives.

If you look at the fives in this deck you will see the greyhound chasing the hare, the otter chasing the salmon, the hawk chasing the wren and the hen swallowing the grain.
Oh thank you for that Sulis I never even noticed that about all the five's, thats very good.

Mystic Leo

WalesWoman said:
:| Well, that explains why the hen is unaffected by all the chest thumping and posturing and banterning going on behind her. :cool:

Aaahha.....and now we both know WalesWoman! :thumbsup:

AJ

I was working with this card today, plus the same card from 4 other decks, and the hen on the corner immediately popped out as Pecking Order. 3 of the cards I'm looking out show 5 men working with or against each other with the tools of their trade. In my experience when you get men doing that competition and testosterone enters the picture...which comes back to pecking order.

My card study is something from 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card, Mary Greer
The 5 cards I'm looking at: (small and large file options...)

Attachments

• aaa 014small.jpg
    aaa 014small.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 935
  • aaa 014.jpg
    aaa 014.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 966