Druid Craft Five of Wands

coyoteblack

I was looking at this card and it seems it is all play and fun. But the " Cock" is about to eat the seed. This is the story a lot of this deck is based on .

Cerdewin transforms into 4 different creatures chasing after gwion bach who latter becomes taliesin.

Looks like it is playful now but in the " heat of battle" someone can get hurt.

coyoteblack

Major Symbols
Clashing stave's: Ideas, energy, will , that is in competition with one another
Kid’s Young not mature, wild energy
The Hen this is the key symbol to me. this is the part where Ceridwen actually catches Taliesin.

Element and Number

Fire : Passion, Ideas, Commerce ,Willpower
5: Challenges

Golden Dawn references
Traditional Golden Dawn name : lord of Strife

Days : July 21st – August 1st

Sphere on the Tree of Life
Sphere 5 Geburah. An initial idea or plan is tested against the competing goals of those upon whom you must depend to help bring the vision to reality.

Astrology
Saturn in Leo. The creative and self-confident Leo faces restrictions from the limiting effects of Saturn.

Bringing it all Together:
At first glance this card is about playful competition.. The Fire elements and Leo are about confidence the fact we can win and want to and run into a situation that has challenges not around. But see this card is kind of sneaky ,; The hen picking at the grain is the FINAL time Taliesin changes into anything as Ceridwen catches and eats him., Also the 5’s lord of strife meaning lead me to believe that we can take competition to far.. If you love competition as these kids do then you will not like loosing and do what you must to avoid it.

WalesWoman

coyoteblack said:
I was looking at this card and it seems it is all play and fun. But the " Cock" is about to eat the seed. This is the story a lot of this deck is based on .

Cerdewin transforms into 4 different creatures chasing after gwion bach who latter becomes taliesin.

Looks like it is playful now but in the " heat of battle" someone can get hurt.
Erm, scroll back up to Sulis' post.
Sulis said:
Hi,

The rooster is a hen and it relates to the story of Caridwen and Taliesin, where Caridwen chased Taliesin and forced him to transform into different creatures.

All the fives have a part of this story in them; they relate to the moment of crisis that procedes and is often a necessary part of transformation - hence the relation to the fives.

If you look at the fives in this deck you will see the greyhound chasing the hare, the otter chasing the salmon, the hawk chasing the wren and the hen swallowing the grain.
I always thought this was a cocky card, but alas, it's hen pecked.

dryadintheelm

Usually I view the hen as part of a mystery that I am uninitiated to (I'm aware of the Bardic connotations, but I haven't studied the lore). The other day though, I saw the hen and heard it as part of goading someone on ("Bwak, bwwak, chicken!") Then I saw the look on the dark haired boy's face and realized that he had his eyes on the chicken, he looked kind of predatory. Never saw the card that way before, found it interesting.

Aeon.of.Horus

Hmmmm, why did I think this card had been done? Maybe it came up in a reading...

One of the things about the black rooster, aka cock... is it is being raised for a sacrifice later on. (*see Magician #1) Then there is the concept of "boys" and cockiness, with all the rowdiness and chest thumping, etc...."friendly competition" as well as pecking order, establishing heirarchy. There is a lot of undeveloped, youthful enthusiasm & enjoyment as well as maybe not so well organized, constructive/building going on.

Chicken scratch is something that comes to mind... finding the bugs through application... so it could be trial runs, finding bugs before the actual implementation.

Drat... I lost all my Druidcraft scans.

BRILLIANT!!!!

Aeon

Aeon.of.Horus

Hi,

The rooster is a hen and it relates to the story of Caridwen and Taliesin, where Caridwen chased Taliesin and forced him to transform into different creatures.

All the fives have a part of this story in them; they relate to the moment of crisis that procedes and is often a necessary part of transformation - hence the relation to the fives.

If you look at the fives in this deck you will see the greyhound chasing the hare, the otter chasing the salmon, the hawk chasing the wren and the hen swallowing the grain.

I shall be a running hair,
With sorrow and with mickle care,
Then I shall be a greyhound bitch,
And tear you from your skin!
Then I shall be a flying wren,
The King of Birds, the King of Men,
Then I shall be a falcon grey,
And tear you from your skin!
Then I shall be a salmon sleek,
Darting through a shallow creek,
Then I shall be an otter bitch,
And rest you from your skin!