So new it doesn't have a name yet...

The 78th Fool

Thanks Peta, Ruth and Emma :D

I'm hoping to start work on a few new cards later this week but other work may get in the way (I'm doing some assistant work and painting a portrait at the moment as well. The deadline for the portrait is next weekend). There may be a gap but I'll post again as soon as I can. Next up should be the two of cups.

Chris. xx

faerylvr

As usual stunning all the way around. I can already see the mix of the two styles in some of the cards. The re-work of the Queen of Swords is phenomenal. She is outstanding and I want her on a poster... just because it is such a great card... however by far my favorite is the wheel. The three rings, with the idea of chance having a play in where they all land is mind boggling... (as I have small children it sorta reminded me of the alethiometer (SP) from "The Golden Compass", but in a grown up way). Your ideas and thoughts are truly tremendous and your talent is amazing.

The 78th Fool

faerylvr said:
As usual stunning all the way around. I can already see the mix of the two styles in some of the cards. The re-work of the Queen of Swords is phenomenal. She is outstanding and I want her on a poster... just because it is such a great card... however by far my favorite is the wheel. The three rings, with the idea of chance having a play in where they all land is mind boggling... (as I have small children it sorta reminded me of the alethiometer (SP) from "The Golden Compass", but in a grown up way). Your ideas and thoughts are truly tremendous and your talent is amazing.

Thanks Faerylvr. I hadn't thought of the aleithiometer but yes, there is a resemblance (although my wheel was created on a much cheaper budget!)

I'm just back from a three day work trip and settled down on the computer late last night. I wanted to complete the Two of Cups but I ended up working on the Queen of Pentacles as I'd taken photos of some stained glass textures while I was away.

The basis for this image was a photo taken by holding the camera lens up close against a piece of mottled green glass. I thought the diagonal texture was fascinating; it reminded me of rain. I've attached her below.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• 03_13_pentacles_queen.jpg
    03_13_pentacles_queen.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 115

la-luna

Great an nice looking queen !

The 78th Fool

la-luna said:
Great an nice looking queen !

Aeclectic's very own Fudagazi - as featured in the Quantum Tarot Queen of Cups and recycled into the element of Earth here !!

Chris. xx

Bronwyn1

The moon card is so emotional! I love it!

Sidhe-Ra

The 78th Fool said:
Wheel of Fortune :D
Completed this afternoon.

Chris. xx

Is that MY nose?

I'm loving this deck, Chris!!!

The 78th Fool

Sidhe-Ra said:
Is that MY nose?

I'm loving this deck, Chris!!!

:D Sorry Dear! Models are hard to come by so I do tend to re-cycle !! :D:D

lavendercloud

I'm loving the deck so far! I agree that the Sun doesn't really seem to fit, though. Mixing art styles is a good idea in theory, but it tends to pull apart the deck's unity. If you try either softening it or taking that idea and making a different deck, that might work better.

The World card blows me away! I love it!

re-pete-a

The concept of Queen (pents)is not there , without the Words the card feels like a memory,not a Queen, Desire is missing. It expresses a tiredness, not a n enlightened entity.

Just the 2 cents worth,

Bet you were in a MOODY MOOD , the card reflects it.

In which case as an artist you have excelled, you managed to portray your MOMENT.

Your work is still excellent . VERY intuitive.