I am Going to Design my Own Deck - Need Your Advice

Hannafate

Lovely artwork. It looks like you are using thick acrylic, or some other paint that has a texture. This is great on originals, but can be problematic when making reproductions. If the paint is too thick, the pieces may need to be photographed, rather than scanned, which is a bit more complicated.

Card_Carrying_Man

Hannafate said:
Lovely artwork. It looks like you are using thick acrylic, or some other paint that has a texture. This is great on originals, but can be problematic when making reproductions. If the paint is too thick, the pieces may need to be photographed, rather than scanned, which is a bit more complicated.

Yes, these are just my regular style whichis acrylic on canvas. I'll be making the tarot in watercolour on paper to make scanning easier. Thanks.

canid

OMG, your work is stunningly awesome! What a style you've got going on...I'm jealous. Is that fresco I see?!!

Card_Carrying_Man

Thanks Candid for your kind comments. I do not do frescos, they are all mostly acrylic on canvas.

Sidhe-Ra

Beautiful artwork!

I am not offended by Gregory completely neglecting to mention me. At all. Honest. Even though I did mention her in the acknowledgements for the Transparent. Sniff.

HudsonGray

Forgot me too, I did the Ferret Tarot. Though mine was black and white and self published.

I've seen some of the originals of the Ancestral Tarot, those were only a foot or so tall, no more than 18" at most. I think everyone works in the size they feel comfortable with--if it's in proportion to sizing down to the final card size, I don't think it really matters. Though the bigger you do the originals, the more tiny detail you'll lose once it's shrunk down, so that has to be considered.

gregory

Sidhe-Ra said:
Beautiful artwork!

I am not offended by Gregory completely neglecting to mention me. At all. Honest. Even though I did mention her in the acknowledgements for the Transparent. Sniff.
I am mortally embarrassed.

I will go through the whole member list and list all the creators I know of.

But wait. :lightbulb

I know there are some here - like Julia - whose AT names I DON'T know - so...

No. I will just take the brickbats from everyone not mentioned in my original post.

And never try and help anyone ever again. *sob* })

HudsonGray

Gregory, gregory, LOL, (pats back, hands kleenex over), it's all right. We understand.

irmata

HudsonGray said:
Forgot me too, I did the Ferret Tarot.
::bow scrape supplicate:: We're not worthy... we're not worthy! Much love for the Ferrets! :D

And C_C_M, your style is STRIKING. I love the combination of vibrant colour and layering with the acrylics. Besides being dynamic and energising, it's very inspiring. (I might even crack open my own lonely tubes and give them a chance to shine!) I'm very keen to see what you could do with a tarot-watercolour combination. You'll be in great company here on the AT boards :)

Card_Carrying_Man

Wow! What a lovely bunch of people on here. When I first had the idea to put this on the board I was a bit aprehensive. But thanks to your kind words, encouragement and help I am really looking forward to this now.

The name of the deck with be "Tarot Ravenfield" - the name came to me yesterday after seeing a bunch of Ravens in a field behind my house as I was writing down the ideas I had for the deck.

Apart from the the standard Major Arcarna, there will also be be Ravens (swords), Nests (cups), Seals (disks/coins) and I am keeping Wands.

There will be King and Queen of each along with a 'Master of Ravens', 'Handmaiden of Ravens' and so on.

One of the reasons I picked Ravens is not only do they lend a mystical and esoteria and mythological aspect to the deck, but the birds are common in both urban and rural settings which is important to me personally.

Many thanks again folks and cheers. Hopefully I'll have the first few cards to show you in a couple of weeks.