You know you've been overbuying when...

zan_chan

The following actually happened to me today, so I figured I could either allow myself to fully understand the shocking truth it reveals, or I could make a fun game of it!

You know you've been overbuying when your shipping company sends you a letter telling you that you've become a "preferred customer" and your deliveryman personally leaves you a New Years card.

And trust me-- I don't order anything other than decks and tarot books.

Now its your turn. Wow me or, simply out of shame, I may never order anything again.

nisaba

You know you've been overbuying when your decks have all the boxes, shelves and chairs, and are piled up on the bed so that you need to sleep sitting up on the lounge which you can't lie down on because of the mountains of decks there, too.

Floss

when ... you can't remember what you've got coming in the mail, and when you do get it, you open it and go ... ummm - I don't remember buying this one ....

Le Fanu

You know you've been overbuying when you buy two shelving units to house your tarot collection "for the foreseeable future" and when they arrive there is lots of space. Then they're both full within the month.

You also know you've been overbuying when most days packages arrive. Shameful...

You also know you've been overbuying when there are no tarot decks left which you want to buy so you just buy duplicates of old favourites...

zan_chan

Floss said:
when ... you can't remember what you've got coming in the mail, and when you do get it, you open it and go ... ummm - I don't remember buying this one ....

Check.

Le Fanu said:
You know you've been overbuying when you buy two shelving units to house your tarot collection "for the foreseeable future" and when they arrive there is lots of space. Then they're both full within the month.

You also know you've been overbuying when most days packages arrive. Shameful...

Check, and check. In fact, today a package didn't arrive and I found it odd...

nisaba said:
You know you've been overbuying when your decks have all the boxes, shelves and chairs, and are piled up on the bed so that you need to sleep sitting up on the lounge which you can't lie down on because of the mountains of decks there, too.

Le Fanu said:
You also know you've been overbuying when there are no tarot decks left which you want to buy so you just buy duplicates of old favourites...

Not quite there yet. Which is good, as I do love getting to discover decks that are fairly standard for long-time collectors. (And my boyfriend will surely move out if I get anywhere near Nisaba's point-- though if I lived alone I'd be right there with you!)

Le Fanu

zan_chan said:
(And my boyfriend will surely move out if I get anywhere near Nisaba's point-- though if I lived alone I'd be right there with you!)
The secret is to have two houses like we do! :D

zan_chan

Le Fanu said:
The secret is to have two houses like we do! :D

Well, his parents have a huge house...and they're old....})

Alta

You know you have been overbuying when you stop for a while and your credit card bill drops.... a lot! Sadly, true story.

Wendywu

When you've (and oh! the shame) opened a seperate (personal, not joint!!) Amazon account for your tarot purchases so that the horrid truth is a very private matter (just me and the forum, right?).

zan_chan

Haha! Wendy, I love that!

This is turning into quite the group therapy session. Its cathartic. Let it out.

...when you stop telling friends and family about new arrivals, even to the extent of hiding boxes and wrapping before they get home...