You know you've been overbuying when...

Libra8ca

....when you can't keep track of your orders anymore and you suddenly received a book that you already bought from another supplier.

....when you look at your credit card statement and think there must be a mistake somewhere because you don't remember spending this much.

strings of life

These are great LOL!

You know when you are over buying when...

- A package comes and you tell your significant other that it was from a trade, as opposed to a purchase.
- You have to explain to said significant other what a "trade" is.
- You put off buying other items of desire and have to think about or remind yourself about what those items are.
- A FedEx/UPS or said delivery service comes down your street and you assume they are coming to give you something. Feelings of sadness, embarassment ensue when they drive by...leaving you with nothing.

I could go on :). Sarcasm and denial are key here!

Libra8ca

And one more...You know you have been shopping too much when the number of parcels arriving at your door draw your neighbours (unwanted) attention and they take some.... I wonder what on earth they are thinking of my MRP Fairytale Tarot :bugeyed:

psyphy

... when you don´t even bother to open your parcels anymore and just throw them on one of those dusty piles around your bed.

pasara

nisaba said:
You know you've been overbuying when your decks have all the boxes, shelves and chairs, and are piled up on the bed so that you need to sleep sitting up on the lounge which you can't lie down on because of the mountains of decks there, too.

Uh, I think you might start cluing in to overbuying a little before this stage...

victoria.star

aurarcana said:
These are great LOL!

You know when you are over buying when...

- A package comes and you tell your significant other that it was from a trade, as opposed to a purchase.
LOL! :) :) :)
Also,
I know I have been overbuying when I rush to open the packages, stash the decks and canister the wrappings before anyone gets home.
I know I have been overbuying when I buy multiples just because.
I know I have been overbuying when I peruse the Trading Thread like a vulture.
I know I have been overbuying when my husband actually jumps up and down at the explanation of my IDS (not buying anything new!)

emmsma

...when you have things shipped to work, so the hubby doesn't know how much is coming in.

And then the folk at work give you those looks too!

zan_chan

victoria.star said:
I know I have been overbuying when my husband actually jumps up and down at the explanation of my IDS (not buying anything new!)

er...when you start redefining your IDS to allow "just one more" purchase. (every couple of days...) [Stop looking at me like that, Hermann! Doesn't that eye ever close?!]

Aulruna

You know you've been overbuying when your neighbour rings your doorbell to check on you because she hasn't accepted a parcel for you in one whole week.

You know you've been overbuying when the boxes arrive and the hubby just sighs and says "I know, these are just for the Readers Studio trading table."

gregory

Alta said:
You know you have been overbuying when you stop for a while and your credit card bill drops.... a lot! Sadly, true story.
:|

Also when you finally have to move a sofa out of the room where you keep them all, cos you ran out of space (also a true story !)