The Minute Deck

Chronata

otherwise known as...
"what I did with my afternoon."

To explain a bit about my odd little experiement...

I was busy trying to paint my other deck...
but nothing was going well at all.

The sketches made me unhappy, and I ended up spilling paint all over the living room table and rug.

Switching to deck production didn't make me feel any better...as I still have not solved my computer's problem with the scanner.

As I sat there feeling completely frustrated, I noticed a small,unopened pack of blank playing cards resting among my oracles.

I opened the pack...and discovered that they were shiny, glossy cardstock.
I had already given up on paint for today...so i fetched my handy bag of Sharpies! you know...those amazing permenant markers, come in a new happy huge range of colors?

I felt motivated. I mean really motivated. I needed to accomplish something today or I was going to go crazy!

I gave myself 5 minutes for each card. Tops. And starting with the Fool and finishing with the World...I drew them all in order.

It was an amazing experience. A complete Major Arcana in under two hours.

It's certainly not a great artistic achievement. But that wasn't really the point, anyhow.

The point is...I got in the zone...drew up the cards without really thinking about it...no worries about the symbolism, or colors, or whether it looked right...or conveyed the right mood...just sat down and did it.

And I am happy with the results. I learned NEW things about the cards that were still very subconscious.
I accomplished something today...thereby pushing myself out of the frustration block! (Yay!)
I created a one of a kind deck...
and I got out of my own way....
which is always a good thing, in the creative intution thing...

Here are the results...
I highly recommend this exercise to every deck creator...and anyone else.

The art doesn't have to be great...but the knowledge you will receive, about your connection with the tarot...is completly worth it.

Trust me! :)

Attachments

• minute one.jpg
    minute one.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 576
  • minute two.jpg
    minute two.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 465
  • minute three.jpg
    minute three.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 423

Chronata

and the rest..... :)

Attachments

• minute four.jpg
    minute four.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 377
  • minute five.jpg
    minute five.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 362
  • minute six.jpg
    minute six.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 363

Annabelle

Chronata, thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us!! You truly have a gift as an artist and a creator of tarot decks. What amazing drawings you made, given the incredibly short amount of time you took to make them. They are beautiful!

TheOld

would take me 1 millions hours to do some artwork like that ;-)
he not all the sames tallents !!
great jobs !
Oméada

urbandryad

Geeez Chronata. I would BUY a deck like that. Those are amazing! :D Great idea too! I should stop worrying about making my deck all nice and pretty and just do something like this and work out my inner self-blocking-self wall. Thanks! ^__^ (just need a blank deck of cards! XD)

Citrin

I LOVE IT!:D
It looks sooo good, and I'm so jealous that you managed to make each card look so fantastic when you spent five minutes on it... Hrmf. Hehe.

Very nice, thank you for sharing!

(BTW, your Temperance card gave me some new ideas about interpreting it...)

aaquwaa

Those are sooooooo gorgeous!
You have so much talent Chronata. :)
I would buy them.
aaquwaa

jumptothemoonyea

It is blasting, Chronata! Soooo fresh. Done on a single breath! Bravo!

Will try this superfast technique. Will do it with closed eyes too - could be better for me :D

Simone

Wow Chronata, that's really cool!

I like it, and to me it is artwork, no matter what you say ;)

any chance this is going to get printed?

psychicbody

Not too bad, for a start ;) Personally, if I was to buy those cards, the images could be a little cleaner, but they are not too bad, so far.