exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

thorhammer

Ash, he's awesome :) He reminds me of Davy Jones, as portrayed so poignantly by Bill Nighy in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. You can tell that your King is so tormented by feelings that he's dissolved into them, that's all there is to him now, and they've taken on a very real power over us. But he's without form or real efficacy; the lack of other elements makes him less of a being and more of a baseless threat.

Thanks for showing him to us.

\m/ Kat

truelighth

Wow, he is awesome! All made out of water, can there be a better King of Cups. He looks scary and tormented too.

flying black kat

Dearest Ash:

I have never been a fan of a Majors only deck, nor black & white decks. I don't even own any, nor have I ever wanted any.

Your deck is the exception to the rule. I just ordered "Diary of a Broken Soul" 22 Major Deck, from Adam McLean. Your art and those who have showed us a little of their lives have touched me in ways I cann't explain in words. I found Adam McLeans' website in a thread I was reading while followng the references mentioned. I looked at what was for sale, found your deck and paypaled with and order.

Thank you for being you and showing us the "World of the Jahanamians'"

Be at Peace and have a great night.

Kathy

Alta

I have also never seen such a moving King of Cups. The breadth of your imaginative powers combined with depth of understanding of tarot is astounding.

sacredashes

9 of Pentacles

I must first thank you guys for what you have posted; :heart: to all of you.

The journey hasn't been easy... Would it suffice to say we've reached the summit?

I've climbed the mountain every step of the way; only to find the treasure... gone.

Perhaps there was nothing of value in the chest to begin with. Could it be a lure to drive us insane with greed? All those promises of wealth hidden in a box; success for those of us who work for it; strive for it every minute of our waking lives.

At the peak of this mountain, I saw that we have no real belongings to begin with; for all is borrowed from the land.

shadowdancer

another great one Ash.

You may feel you have nothing, but you always have that spark that is YOU.

And look around at what you see when you got there. There may not be a lot, but there is....

this really does remind me we have so much yet we always seem to strive for more. She is not looking around her. If she did, she may pause, take breath and re-evaluate. She was hoping something would be bought to her when she arrived. Did she not stop to think what she could bring to what is around her instead?

Will she now give up, or will she make her way to her next destination with continued hope? What does that tell us about what we hope for, and perhaps never find?

Love it

Davina

sacredashes

shadowdancer said:
another great one Ash.

You may feel you have nothing, but you always have that spark that is YOU.

And look around at what you see when you got there. There may not be a lot, but there is....

this really does remind me we have so much yet we always seem to strive for more. She is not looking around her. If she did, she may pause, take breath and re-evaluate. She was hoping something would be bought to her when she arrived. Did she not stop to think what she could bring to what is around her instead?

Will she now give up, or will she make her way to her next destination with continued hope? What does that tell us about what we hope for, and perhaps never find?

Love it

Davina

Dear Davina,

I am glad you shared your thoughts for this card shows what you've written.

The treasure is in us. It is us. Precious individuals that make up the very fabric of the universe, never one in a million.

In this place, each of us have something special to contribute. Noone is too small or too big, beneath or above another for the wise ones do not place themselves above the fool.

There was never any mythical treasure hidden in a box for all things material will one day perish. The treasure is the spirit hidden in the human temple all along.

Tansey Ella

Oh Ash, that King of cups is incredible. he is like one huge orgasm.
How much longer before you are finished with the cards ? I anxiously await your answer.
tansey

sacredashes

Tansey said:
Oh Ash, that King of cups is incredible. he is like one huge orgasm.
How much longer before you are finished with the cards ? I anxiously await your answer.
tansey

:laugh: tansey... you are delightful.

There are 7 more left; so that means in less than 7 weeks... hopefully.

:heart:
Ash

sacredashes

7 of Cups

In another forum (non-tarot related), the image of the King of Cups prompted a question which took me by surprise. A stranger asked if I was a disillusioned man :laugh: .... :p

In Jahanam, I am the man; I am the woman; I am the boy; I am the girl; I am everyone and noone; I am the wandering soul sheding my disguise according to my whim; but there is a sense of connectedness in the universe for I was working on this card when I received the message..

So the answer to that question is yes; in a weird sort of way.. I guess I am.

If it means being one step closer to the truth; I would gladly be the one disillusioned for I would know then that this whole journey has not been in vain and I would not come out of it as blind as I was before it started.

Ash