Pictures of our reading space/table

Bat Chicken

lunalafey said:
Same here, in a way. I currently live in a RV, so space is limited. Dinner or drying dishes are usually on the table, so the bed it is. But even when I lived in a house, my favorite place to lay out my cards was on my blue rayon velvet quilt.
Now you must be traveling a lot! We just got a used RV to see if we liked it. It's amazing! I can see why people sell their homes and travel...... there are some nice units out there....!:)

Elnor

This hasn't come out as well as I had hoped.... I'm still learning about how to adjust digital photos, and this is a black cloth taken with a flash.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jaenor363/TarotTable.jpg

I'm working on embroidering my Tarot cloth- the centre and the Ace of Cups are all that is finished so far: the plan is to have an Ace in each corner of it.

My table is a large, old second-hand table that the previous owner sawed the legs off to make into a rather big coffee table. It makes a perfect reading table, because I can see and reach the cards easily.... and it has enough room for any big spreads! :)

elnor

room

Love the embroidery and the feathers Elnor!

HearthCricket

Elnor, that is just lovely! Everything goes so well together and the cloth is gorgeous. I love the box and the feathers-beautiful touch, and your crystal ball really sets off nicely against the black cloth!

AJ

Wow, everyone's set up is so unique and so encouraging to actually working with your cards.

I'm worried about our moms with little ones, there has to be a way!
Do any of you have pull out breadboards in your kitchens? I wonder if you could pull that out, have it hollowed down a bit? There are 3 of them in my kitchen and one of them is about 24" X 32". With all but the outer edges carved out a little you'd have room to do a great spread, just pull up a bar stool and have at it. Kiddies need your attention, slide it in, everything will be waiting when you come back??? Think outside the box!

Or undercounter storage? Something like a big cookie sheet to hold your spread cloth and a deck, slide it out when you had time to work, put it back and slide it in when you didn't?

RubyV

AJ said:
Wow, everyone's set up is so unique and so encouraging to actually working with your cards.

I'm worried about our moms with little ones, there has to be a way!
Do any of you have pull out breadboards in your kitchens? I wonder if you could pull that out, have it hollowed down a bit? There are 3 of them in my kitchen and one of them is about 24" X 32". With all but the outer edges carved out a little you'd have room to do a great spread, just pull up a bar stool and have at it. Kiddies need your attention, slide it in, everything will be waiting when you come back??? Think outside the box!

Or undercounter storage? Something like a big cookie sheet to hold your spread cloth and a deck, slide it out when you had time to work, put it back and slide it in when you didn't?

this is my problem: With a 3 year old who loves my cards, and 2 nosey dogs, it's hard to have a dedicated space. I've been using my living room mantel as an altar, but it'll be interesting to see what I come up with in the new house. I"m thinking of using a drop leaf table, or one that mounts to the wall that I put up as needed. Dunno.

roppo

traditional setting

Oh, I'm envious of all of you. Such gorgeous scenes!

Said that ... well, here's my space, a traditonal one. Not so bad as it seems, you know!

Attachments

• washitu2.jpg
    washitu2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 920

frelkins

Ohmigod can you believe that beautiful collection of ceramics? Your house is as beautiful as the San Francisco museum of Asian art -- they have room so similar to yours!

Papageno

roppo said:
Oh, I'm envious of all of you. Such gorgeous scenes!

Said that ... well, here's my space, a traditonal one. Not so bad as it seems, you know!

not bad indeed..........very lovely.

wonderful lacquer tables. I must consider that for myself.
what deck are you using?

HearthCricket

That is beautiful, roppo! Very clean, lovely lines, beautiful ceramic pieces, what looks like a Laughing Buddha, and the table and cushions are lovely. It makes me want to buy a shiny red cloth and pull out all my oriental-themed decks. How lovely and peaceful that is!