Restoring A Classic

firefrost

Taking my place in the queue... :)

stella01904

There's a line?
WE'RE UP FRONT! :D WOOT!

Hooked on TdM

Very nice Fol TB!

I have no idea of paper and how that transfers and such stuff.. but I wish you much luck in finding what works! :)

*anxiously waiting*

Hooked

stella01904

:fingerscrossed: goodcardstockgoodcardstockgoodcardstock...
....sumptuous....

Bernice

Veeery, verrry NICE. Looks great - clear & soft. Muted but not dull. Lovely job.

I'm in the queue... skip, skip, skip. (Just gotta rob a bank...)

Bee :) :) :)

SolSionnach

yes yes yes, I'm in line woohoo!
LOVE it! I'm so glad that I got turned on to TdM in time for this! No more missing the boat (a la Dussere Dodal, darn it!)

thorhammer

thinbuddha, I love what you're doing here. I really think this will be an extraordinary valuable addition to the historical decks catalogue and I'll be looking to get my hands on one as well :) Please keep us updated!

\m/ Kat

Le Fanu

What an exquisite,wonderful project. To bring something back to life with such painstaking love and care. This really looks like a very special restoration. And done with such sensitivity (from the little I have seen).

I shall definitely want one. I never thought myself particularly into "restored" decks, but this one looks really special. I think this is going to be the one that makes me change my mind

Waiting anxiously...

la-luna

And one more into the queue (starting to looking longer and loger a good sign )

thinbuddha

Update:

I bought some card stock at the local Kinkos and printed out a copy and cut it up by hand to make a deck.

First impressions-
- The card stock isn't quite right. It is slightly too flimsy, and the color could be a tad warmer.
- The printed colors... What can I say. I'll need to make some adjustments here and there, but it looks wonderful. It really is a pleasure to finally have a deck, even a test deck, after all these months.

I can hardly be objective about this, but it will easily be my favorite deck once all the adjustments are made, and the right paper is located. It might even be my favorite deck right now in its' ragged hand cut, flimsy paper stock, colors not quite right state that it is in. If you like the feel of the unlaminated decks made by Il Meneghello, and you are interested in TdM I, then you will probably appreciate this deck.

Stay tuned- I may be closer than I thought....

Does anyone have any ideas about boxes?