The Tarot of Vampyres - Lord of Knives

WolfyJames

This vampire, dressed in white, seems to be floating on his white horse. He seems aerial, we can partly see though his cloth, is he made of air? The elements in the back seem to have focused on the sword that he is holding. I'm guessing the horse on each of the Lord card is the element that represents fire since each Lord is fire, and this is fire in air. He's not wearing any armor, just pads on his shoulder and a white helm. There are tattoos on his chest. The horse looks dignified.

The Tarot of Vampyres is inspired by the Thoth Tarot so this card is the Knight of Swords in the Thoth Tarot and the King of Swords in the RWS.

Attachments

• swords14200.jpg
    swords14200.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 725

velvetina

I look at this card, the Lord of Knives, and feel it captures the idea of a storm; of 'shock and awe', of the way the air feels before and after the thunder & lightning begin. The horse seems as powerful and certainly not a passive creature. I wonder if they are no two seperate creatures but rather a chimerical composite being? The flecks of blood suggest (to me) that he has come from some encounter..and to me this infers a character one has already experienced, rather than someone whose influence has yet to be felt. Whoever they are, they bring a storm with them.