"School For Beginners"

lord_ewin

I understood your point, but visibly I didn't express mine very well, sorry about that ;)

I and all others like me, do not do what we do "like a football player tussling the mascot's hair for luck" etc..., it is not to help ourselves to concentrate on the reading, or to be able to get the message of the Oracle either. Just like you "we can get right to the point" :) What I have been trying to explain is that it is about the reality of "energy management". It has nothing to do with hocus pocus and imagination.:D

I think we'll never agree on that point, no point in insisting. On with the show. :)

214red

I understood your point, but visibly I didn't express mine very well, sorry about that ;)

I and all others like me, do not do what we do "like a football player tussling the mascot's hair for luck" etc..., it is not to help ourselves to concentrate on the reading, or to be able to get the message of the Oracle either. Just like you "we can get right to the point" :) What I have been trying to explain is that it is about the reality of "energy management". It has nothing to do with hocus pocus and imagination.:D

energy management really has nothing to do with cards, its to do with your energetic selves, the card from that point of view are an extention of that.

anways, people have different methods for reading, they dont have to manage their energy to read. if they dont manage their energy they are likely to feel it someways, but does it affect their readings? i dont think it does, it just might be that they personally get the effects, perhaps headaches, or tiredness...

I dont think its needed for reading, if your linking to spirits during this yes, but your guides , no.

interesting thread, good luck

DownUnderNZer

What is meant by "Energy Management"? Is it the atmosphere (negative/postive vibes of a room/people)... or the individual..as in the "reader".

I do have to agree with a few others on here that there is no need for "energy management' when it comes to reading cards, oracles, boards or the Lenormand etc. However, the reader does have to be focused, respectful and unbiased as possible so that when s/he reads they are giving the best insight/information/message as s/he can.

I can read my Lenormand eating a sandwhich in front of the tv or drinking a hot milo or coffee whilst playing with my pc, but I do make sure to be as FOCUSED as possible. I dont need crystals, incense sticks, incitations, or managing energy to work with them at ALL.

With MEDIUMSHIP I would be different about it as I do think that is working with energy of sorts and there are things that should be considered and not taken lightly. I would be doing protection prayers, connecting to guides and cleasing rituals etc etc etc.

However, with any form of reading as long as there is respect, an awareness, responsibilty as well as good ethics that is what matters when it comes down to reading for sitters. :)

Empath111

Sorry if OT: Just a quick question. I have one Lenormand Deck: Mystical Lenormand. Is this one that people generally use here? Any particular one you like better? I like this one so far, but a newbie to Lenormand.

lord_ewin

Sorry if OT: Just a quick question. I have one Lenormand Deck: Mystical Lenormand. Is this one that people generally use here? Any particular one you like better? I like this one so far, but a newbie to Lenormand.

Hi Empath; Yes, a bit off topic, but to answer your question I don't think there is a predominant deck. People seem to be using a little of everything from Carta Mundi to the Limited Editions Collector Decks. Given the cards all have the same major symbols, the deck you have should work just fine in this learning setting.

Hope that helps...!

LE

Empath111

Hi Empath; Yes, a bit off topic, but to answer your question I don't think there is a predominant deck. People seem to be using a little of everything from Carta Mundi to the Limited Editions Collector Decks. Given the cards all have the same major symbols, the deck you have should work just fine in this learning setting.

Hope that helps...!

LE
Thank you! :D Helps a lot.

lord_ewin

Re: Energy Management - I'm not saying it's not useful. To some it might be of high value, and to others, less so. Myself, I use meditation techniques (that on a good day is almost instant and on an off day takes a while) to slip into my "hightened" mind over matter state.

I use it mainly when shuffling the cards to get a good visual of the question I am asking, and shutting out everything else. It's quickly abandoned for the interpretation part of the process. My mind looks at a series and just gives me a story:

Like the mice, nice little furry creatures, eating away at a piece of cheese, next to the house, suddenly making a nest in the walls, infesting my pantry, ruining and chewing on cables, and general uncleaness.

For my clients, I will use the feeling of violation and paranoia that that imagery brought on, and usually wxpand a bit more about things for them.

My point is that everyone is different, and so we can't preach one method over another. There isn't "one" right way. My method might put other people off, meanwhile yours might be a right fit, and vice versa. I think the sharing of ideas and methods is particularly useful in one's journey to reading fortunes, and leads to a mish-mash of experience that influences a neophant's own style.

All in all, I think this a good discussion to have just so that people can honestly ponder what they are more comfortable with. Good on you for leading the discussion, Lady Zelda.

LE

Empath111

Re: Energy Management - I'm not saying it's not useful. To some it might be of high value, and to others, less so. Myself, I use meditation techniques (that on a good day is almost instant and on an off day takes a while) to slip into my "hightened" mind over matter state.

LE

That's along the lines of what I wanted to write. It cuts down on the "mind chatter" for me and seems to help me "listen to my gut" better. I only read for others online, so it's easy for me to do before and in-between reads. I seem to get better feedback when I take the time to do it.

Is this needed for all? I don't believe so. But it is a good tool for me.

MoiraKarin

That's along the lines of what I wanted to write. It cuts down on the "mind chatter" for me and seems to help me "listen to my gut" better. I only read for others online, so it's easy for me to do before and in-between reads. I seem to get better feedback when I take the time to do it.

Is this needed for all? I don't believe so. But it is a good tool for me.

I do believe it is needed for all. Muscic, scent, colors, dominant placed objects etc, influences the incoming of news from higher source. It colors the interpretation you will give to readings.
Everbody knows the power of scent. Animals do. Everbody knows the power of sound or music. etc. These are not opinions but facts that the influence the way you percieve things!!
These are rigidly proven facts,and thus influeces your perception of what ever comes in and create 'trash' as they say in remote viewing. If you want accurancy you need to leave the ego related 'stuff' out. And 'Yes' inmagination will 'set in' by music, scent,smell, taste, toutch and even thinking too long, dominant object(s)
But then again if you are absolutely convinced that it will work to do all the rituals, then maybe it even will, but this is just because you are convinced, it will

LadyZelda

I didn’t expect this first class to turn out that way with the subject of Divination, so far I had known no other basics then those I shared….I’ve got to say that I am astonished to find out that most people on AT do not acknowledge the reality of energy, and energy linked to divination cards. I know many people who see things the same way I do and I have read many articles of people I don’t know on the Net who visibly see things that way too…so, I had assumed that this was a general belief in the Esoteric circle….well, I see that I had the wrong picture, AT visibly gathers many who do not see things like that…

For those of you who have a certain concept of energy, do have it also in a different way…For me and those like me, we believe in using energy management when we buy a brand new deck, to get it to a neutral state, meaning free of any energy from anyone who handled it because we believe that energy is carried by all beings and also carried unto objects that these beings have touched.
This is why a Medium can “get info” about someone by just having access to something that belonged to that person. This is why people use Feng Shui, because energies are also lingering in rooms. That is why some people will organize and decorate their home the Feng Shui way…We use incense before a reading because we believe that this room we are in needs to be “cleaned up” from the energies that are lingering in, and that could influence the reading. Just like one cleans regularly his/her house on the material level, some clean their houses also on the “immaterial” level. And I’m among them…

I am also surprise that none of you believes that there is a lot of energy going on when practicing divination, even with cards (for instance the reader and/or querent releases positive or negative energies while reacting to the message of the Oracle or Tarot, etc… )
Therefore, that energy will linger on the cards as well as in the room and need to be dealt with. That is why; many professional readers will cleanse their deck after a day of reading or even for some of them during their day in between clients. They want their deck to go back to a neutral state. They believe and I do too, that otherwise the energy gathered in the cards will alter the next reading session…

I have to admit that I’m really baffled while reading your posts, this is really a “first” for me, never heard that before from Tarot readers, Medium, Reiki Masters, etc…This is quite intriguing while confirming a truth that I go by “we are not all on the same page, so must all agree to disagree and follow our own path”

Anyhow, Bright Blessings to you all and happy study…:D