Moon as advice

Ica'rus

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking...being less inhibited. If you're going to be romantic, girls like it if you show genuine gestures and can be somewhat creative. I pretty much second the other suggestions as well.

I like doing unusual, unexpected, and unique gestures for women. I would certainly try but I always fear how I am going to come across. Too strong/unwanted/etc... I mean, I know she likes me a bit. She's shown some interest but I also know she's excessively shy.. I am completely outgoing until I run into her and then I trip over myself, so we don't talk often =(

I've got a lot to think about..Thank you all.

When I got into the car after work today, I turned on my radio to the song Bright by Echosmith.

"Did you see that shooting star tonight?
Were you dazzled by the same constellation?
Did you and Jupiter conspire to get me?
I think you and the Moon and Neptune got it right
'Cause now I'm shining bright, so bright
Bright, so bright"

The Moon, shooting stars..meteors. ARG! =O

Ica'rus

Some nervousness in your life can actually be a good sign in and of itself :). One thing I would recommend is not to read into the signs too much that you get lost, even if they won't leave you alone. That can put too much pressure on the other person and yourself...imo...(even if that seems to contradict what the moon has come up to say).

Still I think overall, the card's best advice is to be less inhibited and more friendly. Another thought is that you could ask her out for a date...nighttime when the moon is actually present.

I totally understand what you mean..And I see that happen to myself now and then..I become so fixated and wonder what it all means. I always try to maintain a balance between what the cards say and what i actually feel I should do. I have learned over time to trust the accuracy of the cards and that is what always sends me spinning (I am a virgo..So talk about overanalyze lol).

I think the less inhibited, more friendly aspect is what I need to work on most. Because I like her so much, I know that I hide myself from her rather than being my usual outgoing and fun personality. If I worried less and just acted like myself as I do around my other coworkers, I know we'd probably spend far more time together talking.

Today at work we were the last 2 in the office and I made an effort to talk to her. I think it was positive :)

Ica'rus

2 things about using tarot for guidance, 1- don't get stuck on one interpretation you heard somewhere and apply it to all future meanings for that single card (ex: 10 of wands means "a burden"), 2- imagine tarot suggestions as advice from a friend not a commandment... you know what's best for you, not the cards or spirits or your friends :).

I understand that perfectly well. I get wrapped up in my own head when I dive into these kinds of things, which is mainly why I use tarot which helps me find a way to externalize my thoughts. I do not have have completely fixed meanings for any one card. Every card is mutable, can change drastically from reading to reading, based on cards, context, and my own intuition. I look at meanings, symbols, and interpretations of the cards (as well as contexts, this board in particular is great for that) to learn what I feel about each card. When it fits (for me) I will use what I think best associates with the card.

The moon isn't just hidden shadows and illusion,genius or insanity =)

Laurelle

Moon as advice might be warning against being too caught up in fantasy. You may not be seeing things as they really are. There are also a lot of things that you don't know about this crush. As advice, the moon might be telling you to stop asking so many questions about her and stop doing tarot readings on her. To me the moon makes me think that you've asked tarot about her more than once.

MandMaud

I agree with the idea of Moon as following your intuition. For me, the Moon is rarely negative. Of course this is your reading so "for me" isn't the point, but it sounds like you feel it isn't negative, too.

I don't know if you used reversals, but my feeling is that if a card holds its negative or warning meaning, it will come up reversed, or in a position such as "What to avoid". In an Advice position, I see advice as what you should be doing or aiming for - not what you should be avoiding or NOT be doing.

That fits with the Fool - it can be really scary trusting your gut, especially when (as most people) you're used to thinking and/or overthinking. But jumping off cliffs gets to be fun, with practice. :p

If we're not feeling fear, we're not growing.
(I think that idea's in 'Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway'.)

new_wave_romantic

when I see the moon as advice in a spread, I read it as a warning to "get real." usually the moon is a marker that I'm not seeing things as they really are. The moon's light is...illusory. It's a reminder, to me, that we rarely have clarity in life ("only seeing through the glasss darkly). In this case, maybe you're not seeing things for what they are...you've analyzed the situation too far when you don't have all the facts yet. This at least is where I tend to be when the moon shows up in my spread in that position. Not as helpful or sweet as the other responses, but hope this helps!