5 of swords + the Lovers

Virgo26

How would you view 5/swords + the lovers as a positive combination? My take is that you get an opportunity to choose a different path in a situation that has seemed un-winnable.

Grizabella

Making the choice to stand up to a bully is one thing that comes to my mind. Or making a choice on something that has kept you battling with yourself trying to decide what to do.

Virgo26

Thanks, Griz.
I think it resonates with making a choice about something that's been in deliberation.

LeFou

Maybe literally, "no love lost," i.e., discovering what you really want, and moving away from what's harsh, confrontational, counter-productive.

(To me, Lovers is simply Venus, desire, attraction of opposites, seeking pleasure and satisfaction. When we're younger, we are under her powerful spell, but as we age, our desires, having been satisfied now and then, develop a more refined, restrained, less impulsive character.)

Emma313

How would you view 5/swords + the lovers as a positive combination? My take is that you get an opportunity to choose a different path in a situation that has seemed un-winnable.

a relationship that thrives on one upmanship/intellectual challenge and banter, tit for tat...some are like that...and do well if both are ok with it

Virgo26

Maybe literally, "no love lost," i.e., discovering what you really want, and moving away from what's harsh, confrontational, counter-productive.

(To me, Lovers is simply Venus, desire, attraction of opposites, seeking pleasure and satisfaction. When we're younger, we are under her powerful spell, but as we age, our desires, having been satisfied now and then, develop a more refined, restrained, less impulsive character.)

Thanks, LeFou, that is another way of thinking of it, just generally purging what doesn't serve you or at least thinking about what to cut out. I've been getting the Lovers a bit recently and I think it's because I have to start doing that a bit more.

Virgo26

a relationship that thrives on one upmanship/intellectual challenge and banter, tit for tat...some are like that...and do well if both are ok with it

Hi Emma - I like that. I can think of some relationships that are stimulating like that.