The Moon as what someone is like

TinaV

Actually, I think it means he has a cups personality, with a very imaginative mind, and connected with the subcounsious.

Interesting! The Moon could indeed represent an imaginative mind. The question is whether this is a positive or a negative thing. Is he paranoid? Or just creative? I think I should have pulled a clarifier in this case.

Have you ever seen a moon reflected at the bottom of the whell? Its beautiful, kinda dangerous to look at, gives you the goose bumps ... but at the end its just a projection of light on a dark water surface. Moon people are like that, they reflect back what we fear or desire... most of the time, moon people live their own lives, just different and when we dont understand the difference, our immagination fils in the gaps :)

This seems to hold true for him, but I don't know him enough to be completely sure.

The moon is tricky.

When I get that for a situation like this, it most often seals to someone having mixed emotions, or hiding something. Not all is apparent at the moment. It can also mean he's unsure of his feelings.

I agree with you that there may be deception. I would tread carefully with this one. You don't know all the facts.

I agree! I got scared when I pulled the Moon. My intuition immediately told me that there is more to this person than what he shows.

This is interesting that you mention the moon reflecting back from the water. The moon's only light is the reflection of the sun on it. It reminds me of people who hang around a person who is famous or prominent and who gains their sense of self importance mostly by being associated with that other person.

Also, some people who aren't emotionally secure will gain their sense of how they should act and who they should be by watching others and copying what they see others say, do and act like. I read an article once that said there are varying degrees of psychopaths---some worse than others----but that we deal with people every day who are more or less psychopaths. I think the article described the psychopath as being a person with no personality and who invents one by trying to conform to what "normal" people act like. Like with anything else, there are varying degrees of it from mild to Manson types.

My thought was that the Moon in Tarot might suggest something like that, too.

The Moon as representing a psychopath; for some reason, I could see this being true.

Thank you, everyone!

It's interesting to see how psychopath mentality, deception and hiding things seems to come up in most of your interpretations. I think I'm on the right track then.

Thanks again!

The Moon card can also mean romance, emotional things, and not being able to see things clearly without really studying the issue and looking slightly to the side like you do when you're trying to find your way by only the light of the moon. At night when you don't have a flashlight, you have to look slightly to the left or right of something to see it the best. The phrase "nothing is as it first seems" comes to mind.

Another meaning can be, as timing, a one month period of time.

Usually when I'm doing a reading, if the Moon card shows up, I'll slow down and take a closer look because there's more to it than I'm immediately seeing. at first.

Is the card about delay in a way for you then?

Personality-wise, I'd just see it as a drama-queen. Someone whose pain is always more important than anyone else's.

A person full of self-pity?

This is a situation where I would read The Moon as a warning. You asked your cards to show you this person's true colors/intentions (as opposed to personality or something other), and the cards seem to warn that this person is hiding something from you. I wouldn't say full blown crazy...I'm thinking "deception." There is definitely something you don't know, or would never believe about this person. Be aware if The Devil makes an appearance in future readings.

I agree! It definitely seems to indicate that something if off with this person.

I wonder if it could mean that what you are thinking you see as strange and maybe reflecting upon him not a good person could actually be him masking the feelings he does have that are positive ones and he is just too insecure to show them quite yet.

Interesting angle! I hadn't seen it that way yet.

Ace of Stars

mystical, imaginative, emotionally sensitive, disconnected from reality

winter garden

Wow, the moon seems to have such a bad reputation, but I adore it so I will say I think the moon is creative, intuitive, emotional (may have a tendency towards depression) and may also denote someone who is a bit of a night owl. The moon is mysterious and full of depth to my mind.

Laurelle

There are a lot of negative posts about the Moon. The Moon isn't one of my favorite cards, but I think that it does have positive attributes.

I think that the Moon definitely denotes someone who is creative, emotional, and intuitive.

As a lover, the Moon can indicate someone who loves a variety of lovers. They may "keep" a woman somewhere. Or he could be in love with love but on a deeply, soulful level. He loves everyone he connects with, so these love affairs would not be trivial to him. They are helping him develop his soul for his ultimate experience on Earth.

This is a person with a deep understand of past lives and who is gaining many experiences for an ultimately soulful journey that requires helping the less fortunate. So they are deep. They are someone who is instantly attracted to (for example) 16th century Spain because they have had past lives there. They yearn for a deep understand of all people and their own souls. They probably have an inclination for the occult and are drawn to people like you who study tarot or anything that can shed light on Earth's darkness.

yes, of course, there is something the Moon maybe hiding from you, but do we ever really know everything about a person?

There have been other threads about the Moon personality. I even contributed to one and it resonated with the person. You could try and look them up.

Grizabella

I'm not so sure the Moon would indicate delay. But of course, if a person is wise, they should probably slow down a bit and take a long second look at where this shows they're heading. But if you're considering it as a timing matter, then waiting a month would be a delay.

TinaV

Some really interesting things you said here, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. I wonder if the OP was asking what the motives of the guy are, or asking about his personality. OP chime in :)! I may go back and delete my post if it's the latter.

I was asking about his personality; who he really is. I guess the Moon steered me into interpreting his intentions instead. In any case, I don't really perceived it as a positive omen.