Question: 5 of pentacles

tamieya05

What would be a good example of 5 of pentacles from your perception?

LeFou

More than 20 years ago, I was an aspiring pop musician. Every day, I practiced for hours, wrote songs and then went to my day-job. I was supporting one small child, plus my wife, who was also 7+ months pregnant.

My day-job was laying people off, with a two-month severance. I asked what would happen if I took the severance, because I was -sure- that I was only a couple months away from music super-stardom. Just one card came up -- 5 of Coins.

Of course I was horrified, but it was very good advice. Everyone at the company was laid off -except- me. I stayed for at least several more years, and it led to a new career (unrelated to music). While I loved music with a passion, in retrospect, I wasn't very talented.

So 5 of Coins as "poverty and homelessness" persuaded me to change my plans, and it was the best advice I ever got. It was also one of the first readings I ever had. Sometimes, one card is all you need.

SunChariot

For me, and I have somewhat unique meanings, the 5 of Pents would be talking about someone setting the goals they do in their life because of their upbringing and because they feel it's expected of them without having stopped to think if those goals are actually right for them.

A good example for me would be someone taking courses in school to become something their parents always wanted them to be, or to take over their family business. Just because it's expected of them.

Setting goals to do or become something because its expected of them, That could be related to peer pressure as well. Could be anything really, like feeling you need to set up your family and career in a certain way because that's how everyone does it. Without thinking if there is a better way that suits you better. ....

Babs

Emma313

For me, A lesson in counting your blessings ESPECIALLY when you have them and still when you dont have many at any one time

I remember one Christmas I was out at the shops with no money at the time for some reason I wont go into, felt like a leper, poor, (though i am not) whilst everyone was walking around spending and with their shopping bags

I also realised the waste we do with our money alot of the time when we have it

Five of pentacles perhaps is a lesson in money management but also that security and happiness does not lie in spending and stuff
Tough one this one actually

rwcarter

The 5P can represent that friend/relative/spouse who has your back through thick and thin - it doesn't matter what you say or do, they support you. Running your first marathon and losing steam? They're on the sidelines cheering you on. Stick your foot in your mouth with your boss? They're right there to make you feel better about your mess-up. Lose your job? They're there to help you about by giving you food or inviting you over for dinner a lot.

I can also see the 5P as "Me and you against the world!"

And how about the 5P as a paraphrase of Groucho Marx - " I wouldn't want to be a member of any group that would accept me. :p"

I may not have a lot/as much as you, but I still have my pride.

Rodney

Michael Sternbach

Typically, worrying without taking action. Thus a state of resignation and/or apathy.

tamieya05

Thanks everyone for there different perception in 5,of pentacles...

rwcarter

Moderator Note

tamieya05, please check your PMs.