Saturn conjunct Ascendant

astrologica

What can I expect from this transit?

dadsnook2000

Saturn transiting my Ascendant

I have had three Saturn transits to my Ascendant. The first was when I was nine years old and true to a kid's life, what was depressing that really seemed to stand out? At that time we moved to a new town and school, lost my dog, but not much that sticks in my memory. The next period was when I was working with a large international firm and was depressed about my work, especially the people I was working for. They were very caustic about how they treated customers and suppliers and I didn't feel comfortable being in the middle. It was a most depressing period and I was aware of Saturn transiting my Asc. angle. I left them a short time later.

Around 2003 (June) I had another Saturn/Asc. contact. I had already retired and not much was bothering me then. I can't think of any one thing that stood out. Perhaps by then I had learned to deal with Saturn. I do remember that the wife was very depressed. Her Moon is on my Ascendant. We were raising three grandchildren which we had adopted at birth as each came along. The middle child was a real problem at that time, just could not do well in school. So I was working with him every day in a grinding schedule of homework and quelling disciplinary issues. He has since turned out well.

From my experience with the charts of others that I know, Saturn doesn't always show up in an immediate way but instead coincides with the start of a process of narrowing down priorities, focusing us on tasks to be done, learning to prepare ourselves for the future by using the past (even though the past may be less attractive to us as we move forward in life). There are many books that cover the cycles of Saturn. Saturn is one of the most "observable" planets in terms of how it shows up in our life. Dave

Minderwiz

For me this is a difficult question to answer. My natal Saturn is conjunct my Ascendant by just over 2 degrees, so transits of My Ascendant are preceded by a Saturn return or followed by a Saturn return if Saturn is retrograde.

My natal Saturn is direct, though at my birth it was about to Station Retrograde, and did so before it reached my Ascendant. I had a difficult birth and it was touch and go whether I would survive, so Saturn stationing Rx was clearly associated with this time. So if I look at Saturn direct transit to my Ascendnat, my first occurred when I was 9 months old and I can't remember anything about that one LOL

My Second occured just after my first adult Saturn return when I was approaching my 30th birthday and actually this is associated with an expansive period in my life. I had married in the previous year and my job was going well) Looking at the chart for this transit, it occured in the ninth House (a good position) and Venus, my natal MC ruler was conjunct the ninth cusp. Saturn was also in a partile sextile to the Moon (though natally they are in opposition). The only sad thing I can recall from this period is that my wife miscarried, her first pregnancy, However even that led to good things as within the year she was pregnant again and our daughter was the result :)

There was no retrograde passage that time, but when I had my third transit it was again in a period when Saturn would station retrograde, recross my Ascendant, station Direct and then cross it again.

The chart for my first Transit, which occurred on my birthday in October 2006 is very interesting because at the time I was feeling extremely stressed. I had taken early retirement and then come back on a 50% contract. The chart has my Sun (just 30 minutes past it's Solar Return) in the sixth House of ill health in close conjunction with Mars (29 minutes) and Venus (46 minutes). In the Transit chart Venus is Lord 6, so my health and well being (Sun) is afflicted by Mars and Lord 6 at the time of it's return. This chart which shows both Saturn Transit of my Ascendant and Non precessed Solar Return is quite prescient.

The Retrograde Transit which occurred in January 2007 found me in hospital, suffering from extreme hypertension. Saturn is in the eighth house and is in an applying opposition from Venus (my natal Lord 10 and again Lord 6 in this chart. I was off work for over three months and even when I returned I was on light duties. This is shown by the final chart of the series. Saturn again transited direct in July of 2007, and was in the 10th House of the transit chart. Saturn sextiled my Ascendant and was in a separating conjunction with Venus (again accidentally malefic as Lord 8 in this chart). I was in the process of renegotiating my hours at the time, so in many ways Venus as natal Lord 10 and Transiting Lord 8 shows the death of my career, or at least the death of it in it's then current state. I did survive in work for two more years, but I was never quite the same after this series of transits.

A point that comes over clearly to me, is that the Transit itself can have different meanings, you have to look at your transit chart(s) and also compare them to your natal chart. It makes a difference what aspects are in force, both transiting and natal - I've just given a flavour here - and whether Saturn is in a Direct/Retrograde sequence or not.

Ocean Bliss

From this transit I think you might find that you take more time over your own appearance and more care over how you come across to others. Saturn suggests a sense of formality so I think that this transit might indicate that you would find yourself being more polite or you might feel more self aware. I think you would also have to have a look at other aspects to get a full picture of what it might mean.

Ronia

With every planet I think it's important first to consider what the planet rules in your chart. Saturn rules namely my Ascendant in my natal and usually as he passes through the first I become far more responsible to my exercise and eating habits, more disciplined in whatever I do at the moment - kids, work, etc., but he also sets the beginning of things (1st house ruler). Same is true for his returns. I'm not sure about his presence on my Sun now but we shall see.

Shambala

Well, my Saturn is transiting my ascendant. I guess I feel kind of lonely and bored at times. But it hasn't quite gotten all the way there. My saturn does rule capricorn and it is in the first degrees of capricorn and rules my third house.

I'm thinking it's just telling me that i'm going to spend a lot of time alone pouring my emotions into my writing perhaps. That's the only thing I can think of. And I will be maybe quite isolated during that period. But I have always been kind of isolated. Or maybe it will be the opposite of that. I just don't know but I will undergo a fairly big tranformation. Cause it will be conjunct my pluto eventually as well in my first house. So this will be a physical transformation of some sort.

I don't see why saturn is always seen as so negative. Can't it be positive? It's just you get more serious during that period and do what you need to do. And some of the things you do during this period benefit you for years to come. It's a big turning point in your life.

Minderwiz

I don't see why saturn is always seen as so negative. Can't it be positive? It's just you get more serious during that period and do what you need to do. And some of the things you do during this period benefit you for years to come. It's a big turning point in your life.

Positive Saturn (usually in Aquarius, Capricorn or Libra or in Air sign in a diurnal natal birth)

Profound in imagination
Reserved, patient
Careful
Analytical
Studious
Sensible
Educational
Mature
Constructive
Structured
Thoughtful
Elder statesman

Not exciting but the friend or guide to have in a crisis

LaRazia

I think it's wise not to make a huge or worrisome deal about saurn on the ascendant during transits because i dont think there is any use basically in telling people buggy tales and scaring them.i also noticed that it also depends on the sign the ascendant is in,at least to an extent. for instance i find scorpio ascendant people ( for now at least ) handle saturn in the 12th or on the ascendant better than the people who had ascendants in libra the years before whilst saturn was in libra. I think ti def takes a lot of maturity ( growing older- satun-wiser with age) to be able to understand and handle this planet correctly and definatelly people do not usually like saturn because he is ''the bad cop parent planet''. the one that tells you what you should do, what youve missed, the that punishes you accordingly if you have not followed the strict rules, the one that teaches you the foundations of character and the foundations of your life.

kalliope

I meant to post in this thread a while back. I'm another Scorpio rising, and Saturn has traipsed across my ascendant, and now I think it's headed back over it again during its retrograde period. To be honest, I haven't even figured out how exactly it's affecting me. I have had some "get my act together" stuff happening lately, but nothing major. Perhaps that's it?

I'm basically expecting that this transit will just bring to the fore all of the many ways that I don't "do" Saturn very well. Looking at Minderwiz's list, I'm reminded that I have trouble with Saturn things like diligence, persistance, and constructiveness, mostly in connection with my schooling and therefore career. Saturn is retrograde and weak in Cancer in my 9th house, so I guess that makes sense. I like to start projects, and don't like to finish them (I'm an INTP/INXP, if you're into the Myers-Briggs.)

Another major factor for me is that Saturn is trine my Mercury/Mars conjunction at 20-21 degrees Scorpio, so it will be hitting those planets soon as well, and I have a hard time separating what is about my ascendant and what is about them. I do have some of the analytical and thoughtfulness qualities from that list, and many would say I'm serious, somewhat of an autodidact, and very educational to others. But if one could consider perfectionism and the resulting paralysis to be Saturnian, I'd say that's the main expression of its trine for me! I always read descriptions about how I'm supposed to be a very productive, ambitious type with this aspect configuration, and I always laugh. It's only since learning some traditional methods that explain my "weak" Saturn that I have begun to make sense of it.

One thing that could be connected to this transit: I did make my first ever major foreign travel trip in December (India!). Using Ben Dykes' method for profections, Saturn rules my yearly chart (Capricorn profected ascendant). It's also the chart ruler of my Solar Return chart for the year. With Saturn natally in my 9th, and then also transiting my ascendant, is that an emphasis of "foreign travel" for me? (And on a fun note, I did magically lose weight even while on that trip, while eating lots of "vacation foods." People sometimes say that can be an effect of Saturn in the 1st. :laugh: )

So that was a lot of rambling about myself, sorry. I've just been reading so much about "scary Saturn in Scorpio," and yet I haven't really felt any dramatic energies so far. Maybe with the Scorpio energy that I already have, it's just not so scary for me?

Ronia

In regards to the 9th house, as Saturn is not only ruler of my Ascendant but over my Sun in Scorpio now namely in the 9th house, I did travel again, right when he stepped on my Sun but man, was it a memorable trip! It was a trip I'll forever remember. he put me in such situations I had never imagined and tested me in every possible way - from driving against all nature forces to surviving without money and phone abroad. LOL He really has a sense of humour but I'm tough too, we had a nice little fight. :D What I mean is that Saturn always brings into my life events related to the meaning of the house he is transiting, always. Now, in the 9th still, I'm planning another big trip. I'm sure he'll give me a shoulder even if he makes me land at a different airport and then cross the country by train at night. LOL He's about testing, IMHO. He's always been for me. He sounds like "You want this? Are you sure? Lets' see how much you want it and what you're ready to do to get it." But then, if I prove I want it and I'm ready to fight for it, I get it. He brings rewards and his rewards are long lasting.