newbie blunder

earthshine

Just want to share! I got my first deck this weekend, the Raidant Rider Waite. I love it. I couldn't wait to do a reading.

So I went home and decided to do just that. I lovingly unpacked the deck and I tried a simple four-card spread. I was astounded that all the cards that showed up were in Reverse position. I thought, what is the Universe trying to tell me?!?!?!?!

Then it hit me.

The Universe was telling me to shuffle my deck well before doing a reading. The reason all the cards showed up Reverse was because the card deck was new, arranged in correct order from The Fool onwards, and each one in upright position.

I was laughing so hard when I realized this.

CrystalSeas

Didn't Read; Too Hard To See

I find myself skipping over your posts because the text is so very difficult to read.

Perhaps if you used the default white letters, it would help, since there is much more contrast between the background and the letters.

illyria

Welcome to the forums, readerico! Nice to see another kababayan here.

I, too, experienced the same excitement upon receiving my first deck. I did shuffle very well, though, because I'm a meditative shuffler, no matter what kind of cards are in my hands.

Try to interview your deck; it's a fun exercise. There are lots of suggestions on how to do the spread here. (Scroll down to post #2, under "New Deck.")

Enjoy!

Kat Moon

First welcome. Second don't worry we all have been there. Laugh at yourself, laugh with the universe about it and move on :)

earthshine

Welcome to the forums, readerico! Nice to see another kababayan here.

I, too, experienced the same excitement upon receiving my first deck. I did shuffle very well, though, because I'm a meditative shuffler, no matter what kind of cards are in my hands.

Try to interview your deck; it's a fun exercise. There are lots of suggestions on how to do the spread here. (Scroll down to post #2, under "New Deck.")

Enjoy!

Thanks! Will do so! I need to learn a meditative way of shuffling :)

earthshine

First welcome. Second don't worry we all have been there. Laugh at yourself, laugh with the universe about it and move on :)

Thanks, Kat Moon!