Are all Lenormand decks read the same?

La Force

That's precisely why I stored away all my Lenormand decks. I'm getting the Gilded Reverie because I like the pictures, just as I like the pictures in the Mystical. I've lost all motivation to read with them. I never did read them anyhow, I only read my own "concoction." Jeeze!

LRichard, ignore comments like that seriously, read the cards however you want, don't let others discourage your enjoyment of the cards, even Mary will tell you, if you have to there is an iggy button don't be shy to use it :) There are lots of us here that all agree on, what works best for you. :) and there is enough of us that will support whatever way you decided your happy and comfortable with. :)

ETA: I am happy to hear your getting the Gilded Reverie, I highly recommend you read the LWB page 4. and each card meaning, you'll love it. This is right up your alley.

IE: 13. Child - The child inhabits a place of wonderment, innocence, hope, etc. Then it goes into, The Reverie depicts this wonderment with an open book of fairytales. The blank pages yet to be populated. A fairytale castle can be seen with hope in the form of a rainbow, an image that occures throughout the deck.

33. Key - The gilded bird cage, speaks of a bird palace, which can become a prison. Inside is a rose, symbolizing mystery, a mystery that unfolds as the key unlocks it.

30. Lily - These calm looking flowers with their glass engraved background, reflect a range of interprtations. That they both growing yet eternally captured in smooth glass, without any of their essence shows the two sides of this card

Does this not remind you of an Oracle or Tarot decks

I mentioned in another thread Rana George, Ciro, Tali, give you 3 ways of reading this deck. Rana provides the keyword meanings, Tali gives addition descriptions, Ciro adds his take on the images, and you have the meanings of german game of hope by J.K.Hechtels.

This deck lets you open your wings to fly, then you will soar. :)

Flaxen

I do read based on the symbol so read the same regardless of deck used. I think because of this, I have developed a preference for decks which are visually uncluttered. My favourite is the Dondorf variant but, of the more modern decks, I like the Postmark as it is so easy to read a Grand Tableau with.

GryffinSong

What is the LWB?

LWB stands for Little White Book. Its the little booklet that comes with most decks, and gives at least rudimentary meanings for each card.

Ryver

Oh, thanks GryffinSong! Now that I know what it stands for, it seems to obvious. :) I don't usually do much if anything with these but I will give this one a closer look.