Madame Endora's (Secret Circle) Study Group: THE SIREN

Livia

This thread has really opened me to other interpretations of this card, thanks.
September Pixie - I love that insight about the tail.
I use this concept in interpreting about how some cards draw you in making you part of the card, while others are face you like having a conversation with someone. I think this card draws you in, either becoming the siren, or being enveloped by her.
I am also thinking of how much lighter the blue is around her like an aura, like there is something glowing behind her. Maybe she represents an obsticle, or a riddle, or task that you must pass in order to find what is behind her (it is glowing is that good?) Expanding on the idea September Pixie had her tail warns you not to keep repeating those mistakes that didn't get you past her, but move foward perhaps directly through her. Maybe she is a mirage that is blocking you like an addition, or some limit we arbitrarely place on ourself.
I also think of the way that water encompasses us and creates a silence so we don't hear the outside world, maybe an indication of too much focus in a life.

Deidrui

The Siren

Hmm, this card tells me the trap is set beware! As in the Seduction card if reversed. This card is also greeting you with open arms. Wanting you to come in.

Reversed:
Could also mean all temptations are gone and one may preceed on.

December Fairy

Temptation whatever it may be. Will lead you backwards. It may look like more fun, being part of something/accepted. Putting of something you don't want to do, but need to do. In the long run, you will have to start all over again.

CloeCat

ummm...Siren...

I know this is supposted to be serious, but honestly my first thought while looking at the Siren was: "Resistance is feutule (spell?)," and in my minds eye I see Data from Star Trak, becoming lustful of the female Borg leader. Let Denying that he really does want to feel, touch, tast...gives me a shiver...
I see the invatation, let I do not feel safe.

squeakmo9

I agree with DolphinPrincess in that I see this Siren as demanding one dig ever deeper. Chances are that when you get near a part of yourself or a situation that may appear frightening, your on the cusp of revelation. I can see where she does evoke a tempting feel, but that's just a trigger point (red flag) for deep change/healing.