Madame Endora's (Secret Circle) Study Group: THE ORACLE

September Pixie

THE ORACLE : Seek Wisdom And Guidance From Elders

See the attachment to view the card.

From The Book:
The oracle is the supreme keeper of knowledge. Seek wisdom and guidence from elders. Consult books, teachers ot knowledgible authorities. The oracle may also represent a sacrifice made in the quest for wisdom.

Open for discussion. :)

Attachments

• theoracle.jpg
    theoracle.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 260

Deidrui

The Oracle

Now what I get from this card is someone is watching you and what your intent is. However, the lower part I feel is getting directions from those whom you trust and care about.

There is always sacrifices that need to be made so chose wisely. So above as below.

Reversed:
Seems to tell me that one is having problems with an elder and that one must give respect to the elder. The eye is closed meaning a blockage in the third eye or you just can't see your way. Either way you go with this card it will not lead you astray.

squeakmo9

When looking at the eye, I kept hearing "eye on the prize"...so there seems to be a need to remain aware. It's a humbling experience to ask for help or guidance, but at times it can be a matter of how badly one wants change.
I feel there is an importance in expressing doubts and looking for direction either within or to another.
The eye seems highly objective, if not compassionate.

Chronata

Recently, I have been reading these cards more often in public, and something I noticed about the Oracle, is that in my quick little three card past/present/future spreads...

the Oracle has been coming up very often to indicate a person who has been dabbling...or Seeking ...an answer using their own oracle!

A lot of times...it turns out to be astrology as their oracle of choice...

although occasionally, someone will admit that they have a tarot or oracle deck(usually a Doreen Virtue deck!)...or a set of playing cards that they have recently "played around with" or consulted.

I found this to be a delightful new meaning and layer to this card.

Usually, I also get the feeling that someone is, in their own way psychic, or highly intuitive when they come to me...

and the oracle is a good indicator that they are pinning a lot of hope and expectation on what I will tell them, rather than trusting in their own(very sound) intuition to guide them to an answer.