Readings with Medicine cards?

Dolphin_Dreamer

Are there any threads, examples or samples of readings done with Medicine cards (the ones by Jamie Sams and David Carson)?

Amaris

I did a search and didn't come up with anything interesting. I've used the cards in the past, but put them away when I put my tarot cards away several years ago. I've even misplaced my book, but your question inspired me to order a new (used) one off amazon!

I'll be watching this thread with you to find out if anyone else has any more information. Hope so!

Fulgour

Medicine Card Shields/Numbers - Aeclectic Tarot Forum
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=27432

Medicine Cards: Cherokee Truths - Aeclectic Tarot Forum
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=28029

The NINE Shield Desings actually MATCH by Number:

All of the Shields match by number,
if you reduce to one digit.

1. Eagle, also 10, 19, 28, 37, 46

2. Hawk, also 11, 20, 29, 38, 47

3. Elk, also 12, 21, 30, 39, 48

4. Deer, also 13, 22, 31, 40, 49

5. Bear, also 14, 23, 32, 41, 50

6. Snake, also 15, 24, 33, 42, 51

7. Skunk, also 16, 25, 34, 43, 52

8. Otter, also 17, 26, 35, 44

9. Butterfly, also 18, 27, 36, 45

Amaris

Wow! I searched and didn't find anything useful! Gotta look into the "advanced" search functions ...

Thanks for posting all those links, Fulgour!

Fulgour

Hello :) Amaris! It's fairly straightforward,
but I've had some practice, and an idea
of what I was looking for. I love these!

Keyword: Medicine
Oracles Forum :)

Fulgour

Penelope deserves all the credit!

The 4 Corners Spread

2_____8
1 3 5 7 9
4_____6

The cards are drawn in order, one through nine.
As they are laid on the table, however, the cards
1 3 5 7 9 are laid face down, and 2 4 6 8 face up.

Picking one at a time from any of the face down cards,
they are then paired to one of the face up corner cards.

There's no right or wrong, just a spontaneous association.
When all four corner cards have been paired in this way,
the last card remaining (still face down) is turned face up,
and placed in the center of the spread. It is the main card.

The position meanings of the 4 Corners is your own choice.
The significance of the pairs, and how they relate to the one
central card is what the reading itself will then determine.

Dancing Bear

I have never seen an example reading done by Jamie Sams and David Carson,

This is their website; I do not know whether they have any samples in it as i have not fully explored...

http://www.jamiesams.com/medicinecards.html

Here is David Carsons website, he has interpretations but only one at a time.

http://www.medicinecards.com/

I have used the cards for the past 15 years and even added some of my own creations to the deck over the years... This is a very personal deck i feel..

I found the easiest spread to use that will enable you to easily adapt basic meanings to..... is the Sunlodge spread, it is easy because it becomes personal....... once your personal meanings are attached to the cards....... then the other spreads become easier to interpret.........

I am assuming you have the book.... If not let me know and i will post up the Sunlodge spread

Good Luck

Dancing Bear XXX

Dolphin_Dreamer

Thanks for all the links all...

Yep I have the book and I use the sunlodge most often. I hadn't used it much in the past, only picking it up the odd time in the past few years. But lately I've been looking at them more and more... I've been thinking of making added cards for it and have been finding interpreting the ones I have much easier than I did before....

Dancing Bear

DD i am glad they are becoming easier to read, I think once you start adding to the deck also it all seems to come together as you become aware how they come to the meanings.. If you take away all the fluff surrounding them and just think Nature & Animal characteristics on your terms and how to adapt them to Humans You cant go wrong, I have added the cockatoo! Willy wagtail! And chicken! I am in the process of Kangaroo, and Elephant, Monkey & Lion All these animals have significant meaning to me! I think i may need to order some more blank cards LOL!!

But they are fantastic and i hope you enjoy them as much as i do :)

Breezes I have never used the sacred path cards and have always meant to get some but never have got round to it.

I hope those sites above are of any help ! I am so sorry i cannot help in that area.. If they can be read with the animal medicine i am assuming they may be the same in how it is explained to their meaning..

Are you able to give us an example, we may be able to help!

DB xxxx