Clow Cards: Exercise #3: Trust/Fear

Satori

Once again, go thru you Clow cards and choose two cards. Choose one card you Trust and one card that you Fear.

If you were in a dark alley and one of these cards was swooping down on you...which card would you want by your side...and which would be the one swooping, scaring you???

Remember, once released from the deck the cards can become larger. They animate...

Or would you rather think in terms of the deck picture only. Not animating your Clow and seeing them in another form???

Your choice.

Enjoy!

Feel free to post your comments, how you felt during the exercise etc. I personally feel that connecting as many emotional, sensorial experiences to these exercises is the best way to really connect and get a meaning for future use. That's what these exercises are all about. Getting our own definitions thru personal association with the characters on the cards.

lilangel09

I would trust The Dream, The Light, and The Dark in that order in this case.
The Dream is more like an advisor to me, much like the High Priestess in the Tarot. She won't always reveal everything to me, but she will defend me if needed. She might not defend me from the small things, but she definitely will defend me from the worst. She would guide me through the spiritual realms as well.
The Light and Dark remind me of female knights. I would definitely feel secure with them. They would defend me from anything at a call. I also consider them angels, such as light and dark angels. They will protect me from any harm. However, they do not have as much input although they also have as much knowledge as does The Dream. They will warn me of dangers, but approach them in different ways. They will always be ready to engage.

The cards I fear would be The Shadow, The Fly, and The Thunder respectively. I listed The Shadow first because whenever I got this card, I just blanked. It is the unknown, what you cannot see, the veil over your eyes. I would equate this with the RWS definition of the Moon since I get a different vibe from the Moon. The Shadow cloaks things, makes them unseen. For this, I don't feel comfortable with this card.
I would never want to encounter The Fly and The Thunder, in a street. As majestic animals, they are unpredictable and knowledgeable. They pose a considerable amount of threat and can cause some serious damage at times. If they are against you, they are difficult to work with. If they are with you, they are valuable allies. They are like animal gods in a way.

Satori

I love what you have written here. You sound incredibly well connected to this deck lilangel09. I feel like you are so easily and swiftly connecting to these images and that the information is just right there for you.

Can't wait to see you read with this puppy.

Satori

I won't have time to post my own findings now, but I had a question reading over your post.

As for the ones you fear, when wouldn't you fear them. What conditions would need to be present for you to trust them and vica versa.

Also, for the ones you were able to trust easily, what would happen that would make you fear them??

Looks like for now it's just you and me babe. Oh yes, and Lillie is gonna join in...

Satori

Fearful of ....The Thunder

When I was a little girl :) I loved the thunder and lightening. Loved storms. The picture of the Thunder here is a bit unnerving. So I'm wondering if his bark is worst than his bite....but he looks a bit nasty to me.

There is something untamed about the picture here. Regular ol' thunder is a lot of noise and air pressure...but this guy seems a bit more toothy than plain ol' weather.

I'm not sure what would be trustworthy about him, if anything. I think if we were up against the same foe it might be that we would team up for mutual benefit, however I admit that I don't know about a long lasting friendship.

What I know to be true is that even the most crotchety of creatures can't be mean and nasty all of the time? right??

Chronata

The card I TRUST...
Ok...in a dark alley...surrounded by possibly harmful entities? a card I know would have my back?

That would be THE FIGHT!

I have absolute faith that the fight will defend me in any way she can!
She just exudes strength and power!

As for FEAR...what card would make me want to run away and hide?
that would be THE FREEZE.

I just don't like the angular spikey bits...it looks so much like a weapon...and I don't like its fishy look one bit. It also seems to be unaturally out of its element. I Imagine that it "sees" out of that jewel...its real eye looks useless to me. And the jewel sort of terrifies me a bit too...because I can see it being a connection...a device used by something bigger and nastier that I can't see...who is keeping tabs on me!

crazy, huh?

Ok...on a purely Trusting/Doubting level...when it comes to which cards I would trust implicitly to tell my secrets to, or to be there for me when all hell breaks loose...or to be a friend when I need one...that would probably be the LIGHT. She seems so much like Glinda...the fairy godmother , who is there to help and comfort.

and I know she wouldn't dare tell a soul what I'm thinking!

now...who do I not trust? who would be most inclined to stab me in the back, or turn on me? the ones I am wary of trusting?

The DREAM tops the list! Followed by the ERASE!

I think the Dream is beautiful..but somehow I don't think she's completely honest. She seems like she would be two faced. I think it's because I can't really see her expression...and that is an important way I read people.

Funny...because I love masks... and oddly...I do very much relate to her...

maybe that's why I don't trust her...because I'm not sure I trust myself.

She's sort of the darker side of me...my "white Lily" a spy, a traitor and a trickster.

And the Erase is just creepy. The checkered design he wears is static, and doesn't move naturally...and he reminds me too much of a clown. Creepy creepy...don't trust him one bit.

Satori

Welcome to Chronata!
The Erase, eh? That one surprised me. I think that because of the jestery look of her I thought she would be sort of kin or familiar to you...your choices really let me look differently at the cards. Very helpful.

I like that you are talking in terms of them being dangerous or not trustworthy and so on. I think I need to redo the exercise....

Lillie

I think that the one I would like least coming at me is The Shadow.

Cos I don't know what's under there.

I can never see hardly any of these cards as frightening.
They are (on the whole) too damn cute.

But that Shadow....
There could be anything under there.

And on my side, I think I would have the Thunder.
It's nice and simple and easy to understand.
Big dog/cat thing at your side, fighting your corner.
Looks fierce too, don't he? In a cute sort of way.

I'm not sure about most of the others.
How ever tough The Power is, she looks like a little kid to me.
And all of them have their eyes shut!
Wouldn't fancy that if the Arrow decided to shoot!
It could go anywhere.

Don't know how the Thunder would fare against the shadow,
Cos the Thunder is sort of real.
You could imagine him getting his claws in, in a very real way.
But the shadow? Is there anything there to get your claws into?
The Shadow is more the sort of vague amorphous fears type thing.
But, well, you know?
I'd feel safe with the Thunder by my side.

I've always had a thing for big dogs, and The Thunder is about as close as The Clow comes to that.

So, I have been a bit vague on the first two excercises.
But I'm peretty certain on this one.