How Often Do You Check For Missing Cards?

How Often Do You Check For Missing Cards?

• Before/After Every Use

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Weekly

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Intuitively

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters

G6

I just discovered I'm one card short in a deck I've been using quite a bit for the past few months. I was wondering what everyone's practice is for checking you have a full deck? Do you check at the beginning of every use? Once a week? Once a month? When you get that feeling a card is missing?

Feel free to vote and share experiences with missing cards. 😊✌🏻

Nemia

Where is the answer "the first time I hold it in my hand and then NEVER"?

I do put my decks in order and shuffle them again to keep them warm and fresh, but not in order to check whether all the cards are there. Never thought about that possibility :-o

Honeysun

Never. I agree with Nemia.
When I get a deck, I always count how many cards there are and then never do it again. I'm not that kind of person to lose cards. And if one falls or somehow appears further away from the rest of the deck, I always find it. It's hard not to notice :)

Dogs&Coffee

Up until now, not that often. Moving forward? More than I should now that you have me all worried about it... :3

Alta

What Nemia said. When I first get a deck I always check, but never after that.

Astraea

What Nemia said. When I first get a deck I always check, but never after that.
Same here. New decks all too often have missing cards, but once I'm assured they're all there, that's that.

Barleywine

I count to make sure they're all present when I receive a deck, after that never again. I'm very careful about handling my decks when reading. But I admit I sometimes leave a card on the scanner and forget I did it. Momentary melt-down until I remember.

ana luisa

Where is the answer "the first time I hold it in my hand and then NEVER"?

THIS. I check my stuff and move on. After I've used it several times, if there's a card missing in the deck, I won't notice and it's just as well. If it went for a walk, there's a reason why it won't participate in my readings ;)

gregory

What everyone else said. I'd probably notice in the end - but I don't THINK it has ever happened. I have lost a very slim DECK somewhere in my tarotorium. Now THAT worries me... I shall do a drawer by drawer stock check when the weather is a bit warmer...

DaughterOfDanu

I'm with the rest of you. I check initially but then after that never. I have way too many decks to keep track. Though now that you bring it up I may try and check more often. It's my worst fear, losing a card especially of an OOP deck.