I missed out a card in my reading

xJack

Im not sure if this should be posted in 'Your Readings' or here but i'm only looking for an answer to a question and not a reading interpretation but basically I did a reading for myself and drew Justice,X of Wands and III of Pents and it wasn't until after that i realized that I had missed a card out. i looked at the card and it was the Knight of Wands. do i take that card into consideration? or does this reading mean nothing now because I didn't use all of the cards?
thank you for any answers.

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

It depends on what you're asking. If you're looking for interpretations for your reading, then that does belong in Your Readings and you can post it there together with an attempt of your own, as per the rules of that forum.

The question of whether a reading is valid with missed cards is appropriate for Talking Tarot.

xJack

It depends on what you're asking. If you're looking for interpretations for your reading, then that does belong in Your Readings and you can post it there together with an attempt of your own, as per the rules of that forum.

The question of whether a reading is valid with missed cards is appropriate for Talking Tarot.

yeah,i wanted to know whether the reading was still valid after realizing i haven't used all of the cards.

rwcarter

I'm of the school that believes that there are no mistakes where tarot is concerned. If you're saying you laid out four cards and only interpreted 3, then that fourth card wasn't needed for that reading. It might be needed for something else, but not that particular reading.

If you're saying you left that card in the box when when you did your reading and found it when you were putting the cards back in the box, it probably wasn't relevant for that reading but maybe giving you a message about something else that's relevant to you. As with many cards/readings, the meaning may not become clear except in retrospect.

Rodney

Barleywine

I occasionally leave a card in the box by accident. If it wasn't a Major, I just figure that what it might have had to say was probably said in a different way by another card. If it was a Major, I agree with Rodney that it's separating itself from the pack to tell me something special at that time. I don't do it much any more because I recognized the potential some time ago. I'm more apt to to toss out a reading if I accidentally include one of the advertising cards that's taking a space that should have been filled by a regular card, unless I can recover immediately. On the other hand, maybe it's just U.S. Games sending me a subliminal message to buy another deck! :joke: