2017 Samhain Deck of the Bastard

MoonGypsy

Oh Elaine!!!! Good Grief, hon! i had nooo idea this happened...
In December i was in la la land---so many new things were happening on this end.
Where were you when the uhaul caught fire? No one got hurt, i hope? Gawdess...
my heart is pounding just picturing it...:heart:(((Elaine))):heart: i am so glad you are okay!!!

seven stars

Oh Elaine!!!! Good Grief, hon! i had nooo idea this happened...
In December i was in la la land---so many new things were happening on this end.
Where were you when the uhaul caught fire? No one got hurt, i hope? Gawdess...
my heart is pounding just picturing it...:heart:(((Elaine))):heart: i am so glad you are okay!!!

no we actually were on fire for 3 miles before we knew it - I was driving my daughter from Tulsa to Oregon....made it to Colorado. It caught the fields behind us on fire for 3 miles - and there was road construction & it was only 1 lane, so no one could even pass me or tell me I was on fire. Then, when we pulled over, and the cops & fire trucks showed up, all the cars behind us were trapped with the fields next to them on fire. A big oil tanker basically was like "fk this" & busted through right past my car when it was flaming on. We got out & saw the back was on fire and the whole thing engulfed before we could even react - we didn't have our shoes on, or jackets (December), and we didn't have our purses - no money, no credit cards, in the middle of nowhere. It was REALLY traumatic. But even though there was nothing left of the insides of the car - the steering wheel was GONE, seats, GONE, just a hull - but my cards were there, scattered around....that brick looking thing was a waterproof deck....it was kind of surreal....devil card right there on top.....like, how is it even possible that everything else burned but my paper cards are still there? We were in a state of shock at the time we took these pix.

But oh, the reason for bringing this up was - I thought I was being brilliant taking both my computer AND my back-up with me, in case I dropped my computer or it got stolen or something. I never dreamed I would lose them BOTH. I've since learned about the cloud etc.

Attachments

• tarot cards survived.jpg
    tarot cards survived.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 674

MoonGypsy

Elaine, i think i am a bit shell shocked from YOUR experience!!!:bugeyed: :love:

Sweetheart, i am so grateful that you and your daughter survived to tell the tale...

Which daughter was it? Natalie? xox

Big warm grateful hugs,
MoonGypsy xxoxox

Essjay

That's horrific - I'm so glad both yourself and your daughter were safe but how scary and horrifying (hugs) :heart:

seven stars

Elaine, i think i am a bit shell shocked from YOUR experience!!!:bugeyed: :love:

Sweetheart, i am so grateful that you and your daughter survived to tell the tale...

Which daughter was it? Natalie? xox

Big warm grateful hugs,
MoonGypsy xxoxox

No, wasn't Natalie, the younger one. She's now settled & in school in Oregon. Everything seems to be smooth sailing right now. For a while there we were walking on eggshells waiting for the next shoe to drop! But you know me, I always find a way to rebound triumphantly hahaha!

I've been getting a lot of photo entries from people (if you send me a photo of you with something you purchased from me in the past I'll add an entry for you for a free 2017 Samhain Deck of the Bastard aka The Dearly Departed Bastard) - some are really good, others quickly shot with a cell phone - doesn't matter, they're entries either way. I really like seeing photos of people with decks they've bought from me. For me, it's like, wow I made that thing that's part of that person's life now. Makes me happy!!!

Attachments

• Entrant photos montage.jpg
    Entrant photos montage.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 668

seven stars

oh and I just found this & it cracked me up!!! This is like something dorky I would write. It's from a Facebook group, I hope that's ok - I didn't write it I just thought it was funny.

Attachments

• enablers prayer.jpg
    enablers prayer.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 674

MoonGypsy

oh and I just found this & it cracked me up!!! This is like something dorky I would write. It's from a Facebook group, I hope that's ok - I didn't write it I just thought it was funny.

Oh my Goddess, Elaine! :laugh: That is hysterical!!!! Thanks for posting it!

Thoughtful

Totally amazing that your cards survived that awful event. Good to know you and your daughter are alright.
Love that Nerds Prayers its brilliant :laugh:

Ballerina

Love the Enablers Prayer!

bonebeach

Oh my god, the fire thing is terrifying and I'm so sorry that happened, seven! I'm glad everyone is safe. Earlier this year I lost almost everything I own in a flood and the general attitude was, "welp, at least it wasn't a fire," because, yeah, fires are terrifying.

That said--the pic of the burned deck is really really cool looking...

I'm on the e mail list but I didn't see a waterproof spell. Was that just a slip for something in the future? :)

Wish I could enter the photo thing but due to an abrupt move and a person who's refusing to forward my mail, I don't think I'm ever going to get the copy of the Sola Busca revisited that I ordered.